🩸Chapter 55🩸

Vincent held a pipette as he squeezed one drop of something into another container full of liquid and slightly shook it so it could mix.

"Is it ready?" Cislo questioned, leaning against a wall.

"It is." Vincent confirmed.

"The Boss is an outstanding genius. No, that vulgar word doesn't even come close...He's above that. Nothing that exists can compare to him. In greatness, nobility,...or perfection."

Cislo had a nervous look as he listened.

"Hey...now it's all good, right?" He asked.

Vincent had a confused expression.

"Nah...It's nothing. Forget it." Cislo said. "I wonder if the girl with cursed blood will be found..."

"Oh, she will. The Boss even managed to smoke out the elusive Giran..." Vincent said as he gave some of the mixture to a tiny creature.

"Can we kill her?" Cislo wondered.

"She will die. Just trust the Boss on this." Vincent said.

Then, the creature he stared at started squeaking as it enlarged.

"Experiment successful." Vincent grinned as his glasses were tinted.

"His plan is proceeding without a hitch. The royal nobility, the cursed blood girl...Everything is already taken care of."

-----

Walking in the forest, Gilda and Don searched around with Hayato, Ayshe, and the wolves.

'We have Norman's map. Ayshe and the dogs are also helping to search.'

"Hey, there it is! Footprints!" Hayato grinned, pointing to the tracks on the ground.

'Thanks to them, we've found signs of demons in this secret route where no demons should be. And if there are from Sonju and Mujika...'

"But these are not right." Gilda told Hayato.

"They're too big to be from Mujika and too small for Sonju. And there seems to have been no effort at all to disguise them. What's more, if you look closely, they're walking on all fours. This must be from a small wild demon." She explained.

They continued searching and soon, Ayshe's wolves barked.

"Here it is! Now we found a campfire." Hayato grinned.

Don crouched down beside the burnt wood and examined the area.

"These are human bones...So it can't be Sonju's group." Don said, picking up the bones.

Hayato and Gilda shivered.

The group continued searching and Hayato turned to the two Grace Field escapees.

"You two are awesome! You really know it all! It's so cool!" He beamed.

"Er, nah..." Don sweatdropped.

"Ayshe and the dogs are doing all the work." Gilda added.

'They don't miss a clue, no matter how small or subtle. Things that we'd certainly miss, or that we'd take forever to find out, they get at once.'

"She's an expert markswoman, right?" Gilda questioned.

"Yes! She's the best shot out of the entire group! After the boss saved her, she started to learn and improved super fast.  By now, she can shoot a target this small from very far with 100% accuracy!" Hayato grinned, holding up his hand.

'Another Yuugo?!' Gilda and Don thought.

"Her five senses are unbelievably sharp. Sight, hearing, smell..."