🧩Chapter 49🧩

Emma and Ray had nervous expressions and Y/n deadpanned as they stayed seated.

"I'm Cislo. And that's Barabra." Cislo said before pointing behind him. "That egg-head over there is Vincent."

'They all give off insane pressure...' Ray and Emma thought.

"Y/n, Emma, and Ray, was it? From Grace Field..." Cislo continued.

"Yes..."

"We're escapees too, y'know!" Cislo informed.

'Really? Wow. We weren't aware of that, despite it being pretty obvious...' Y/n internally sighed.

"And our escape was way better!" He bragged.

"We kicked that farm's ass!!" Barbara added.

'What is...'

"Right...You guys feel the need to childishly compete all the time. Please accept my humble apologies for their behavior." Vincent said.

"Nah, you guys are amazing. Incredible even. There's no way we could have done that, bravo!" Ray said with a seemingly annoyed expression.

'Ray?! Eh-?! They're okay with that-?!' Emma thought.

'That mark...in that spot...the same as Norman's. They broke free from that farm. So these three are 'irregulars' like Zazie and Adam? Vincent was the man in the medical bay yesterday.' Ray observed.

'Anyway, they're in the Boss's room, acting like this because of his absence. They're not part of the masses like Hayato and Jin! They're even higher up...For now, I'd like to avoid any problems.'

"Excuse me. Thank you so much for yesterday! For Cristie and Dominic's treatment." Emma thanked.

"Ah...The Boss let me know about that. I wish the best for them." Vicent said.

"Thanks!"

"That's well, and all, but we wanna know!" Barbara said, getting in Y/n, Ray, and Emma's faces.

"Yes...How about you tell us? What you wanted to talk about with that guy..." Cislo added.

"That guy?" Ray questioned.

"The Boss, of course. Minerva! James!" Barbara clarified with a wide smile and red tinted cheeks.

"What did you want to talk about with Nor...'Norman', you guys called him?" Cislo said.

"Even if you try to hide it, you idiots LOVE the Boss." Vincent said.

'They love Norman!!!' Ray and Emma thought.

'He must have a lot of fans.' Y/n sweatdropped, referring to Norman.

"Shut up! You love everything he does too!!!"

"Because you're longtime friends of the Boss, they can't stop themselves from being too nervous. I can't either." Vincent told the three younger kids.

'Even you too?!' Ray and Emma thought.

"I mean, aren't you curious?! When we came back from our morning patrol, they were making a ruckus downstairs. Talking about how yesterday the Boss was like a totally different person!" Cislo exclaimed.

"'What's up with that?!' I thought! It made me really curious! And what's more, you guys turned out to be super good friends!! What kind of person is 'Norman'?"

"Yeah, tell us already!" Barbara pleaded.

"Well...I don't think he's changed that much since back then...Norman was kind and smart. He was always so soft and smiles in such a sweet way..." Emma smiled, memories playing in her head.