🧩Chapter 42🧩

~October 2047~

Almost all the kids with the adults and demon were gathering in the dining room to discuss what the group had found.

"And?"

"You found the place with that temple and the golden water."

"Did you figure something out?" Mark asked.

"We're there any hints?" Chris asked.

"We found the golden water at the third possible spot, and the temple at the second candidate location."

~Flashback~

"This temple...There's no mistaking it..." Emma muttered.

She and the other six stood before a huge temple in the middle of nowhere.

"This is it! The temple Y/n and I saw back at Cuvitidala."

"We did it!" Gilda said, hugging Emma.

"We found it! It's here! It's really here! I'm so glad!" Don cheered.

"Shh! Cool it." Violet hushed them.

"This temple's real quiet, huh?" Zack said.

"It's a lot different from how lively the city was." Gilda agreed.

"That's a long staircase. How unfortunate. But, look. There's someone here." Y/n said, motioning over to the top.

"We shouldn't stay here for long." Zack said.

"Yeah, let's check this out quickly." Ray said.

When they reached the top, there indeed was a demon. An old-looking one who fed the birds. The demon didn't acknowledge, or perhaps didn't notice the group pass by.

'How unexpectedly small...Short towers? 6 of them. All the doors are steel-gated...? So we're not able to get inside...' Ray thought.

He peeked in and the site was definitely something, a tad bit strange.

'Everything here is ancient...and also, another one of those eyes- What is this? What is that?'

"Hey, everybody! Over here!" Violet called them.

They looked in and it was definitely unusual A demon with no face, perhaps a statue? Food and lit candles were around the faceless demon too. Perhaps it is a shrine?

"...A human? No, a demon?" Don said.

"It doesn't have a face..." Emma said. "Similar to him."

"Huh?"

"No...His clothes and physique were both totally different, but this gives off the same atmosphere." Emma said.

"But you know, seems like this temple doesn't have any clues regarding the Seven Walls. What is the deal with this temple-?" Violet said.

"Hey, look at this!" Ray called them.

"The ceiling!!!"

"Day and Night..."

"What's drawn on the other ceilings?!" Emma asked.

They split up and looked into the other areas, reporting back what they found.

"Over here!" Y/n waved to the others as Emma stood beside him.

"Golden water...!"

~End of Flashback~

"Did you figure it out? Not just clues, but an actual method to be able to get in?!" Lannion asked with anticipation.