🎯Chapter 25🎯

The kids (and demon) stared at the man in horror, their bodies trembling as he held a tight arm around Emma's neck, the barrel of his gun pressed against her head.

'A gun...! Emma!!'

'Bastard!!'

"Well, then....Hand over the pen and get out, or y'all gonna die right here. Come on. Fork it over already. I'm tired of your faces." The man demanded.

'Ray...' Gilda worriedly thought as she glanced at him.

'No way we can just leave...We're right in the middle of a deserted wasteland! How cold can it get? And what about our pursuers? We can't just go and make fires. And what could we do out there anyway? Where should we go? Which path should we follow? Just wander aimlessly...?' Ray thought, slowly shaking his head.

'It's too dangerous. Especially with the kids...No, worse...Even if we decided to put up with it and face the risks...leaving this place would mean...giving up on our only lead to Minerva! Doubly so if we lose our pen! We can't afford it! Not that! Not that...But...'

"Well?" The man raised a brow at their silence.

'Emma...!!' Ray thought, his hands forming to tight fists.

Y/n blankly glanced at Ray before sighing. He lowly whistled as he made a random sign, luckily catching Emma's attention. She blinked, cocking her head to the side slightly before exhaling with a nod. Then, she braced herself and proceeded to punch the man in the balls.

"Wha-?!"

"Ouch-!"

The kids were dumbfounded by the girl's actions.

"Emma!!" They gasped as she finally got away from the man's hold.

As he withered in pain, Emma looked at the kids with a slightly stern expression.

"Quick, get out of this room, everyone!" She instructed.

And they did. Well...the younger ones and the demon did. Emma and a few of the older kids stayed in the room.

"...Agh, my neck hurts!! I thought he was going to choke me!!" Emma shivered as she gently held her neck.

"You idiot! What are you even doing?!" Ray exclaimed with a clearly infuriated expression.

"Right! What if he'd pull the trigger...?!" Gilda added, just as equally infuriated.

"Y/n signaled me to do it. I remember that we learned some signs back at the house!" Emma smiled.

Gilda and Ray looked at Y/n with a deadpan look and he simply waved his hands.

"I only signaled her to do it because there was an opening to get out. I was sure she could do it." He grinned.

"It's fine though. He didn't pull the trigger! He was bluffing. He doesn't want to kill anyone, just chase us out, right?" He continued.

Ring!

The sound of a piercing bullet was heard and the kids flinched. Still, they had caught sight of the fast bullet shot near Y/n, slightly skimming his face.

"Y/n!" They gasped.

"Like hell I was bluffing." The man said, still holding up his gun as smoke came out of the barrel.

Y/n simply grinned, ignoring as blood dripped down the side of his face, staining the bandages in his face.