♟Chapter 3♟

The evening arrived and it was already dark outside when all the children gathered by the door to see Conny off. A few of them wept and some offered the blonde a smile and their goodbyes.

"I couldn't run fast and I wasn't as clever as the rest of you, but once I leave, I'll do my best!" Conny claims with a determined huff.

"Conny..." Don trails.

Upon seeing his expression, the way his eyes teared up and his lips quivered, Conny began to cry, "I don't want to leave you! I wanna stay right here!"

Don and Emma struggled to keep their composure, not wanting to make the moment sad as it should be a happy farewell to Conny who now had the chance to see the outside world and have a loving family.

Isabella patted Conny's head and led her out of the house as the kids waved. Once the doors closed, the younger kids began getting ready for bed while the older kids cleaned up and some of them helped the younger kids.

-----

Having finished her cleaning, Emma walked into the dining hall, and on her way to put away the broom in her hands, she saw little Bunny, prompting a shocked expression on her face.

"Conny!" Emma exclaimed, gripping the stuffed animal while staring at it incredulously.

"You left little Bunny?!" She let out a distressed groan.

Hearing her troubled shouts, Gilda and Norman went to the dining hall and sent Emma a confused look, gesturing for her to explain what happened. Emma turned to them and held little Bunny forward, shaking it as she pointed out the fact that Conny has left her precious toy.

Gilda slightly furrowed her brows and said, "Little Bunny? But Conny's gone."

"What should we do?" Emma asked, her shoulder slumping.

"It seems as if you are troubled! Could it be because Conny left little Bunny?" Y/n entered the room, making the trio turn their heads to him.

"I can help you, but I'll need you to give or do something in exchange." Y/n grinned as he took little Bunny and slightly swung it with one hand while his other hand rested on Emma's shoulder.

"Uhh...Ok-"

Before Emma could continue, a box of tissues flew at Y/n, hitting him in the head. The brunette's eye twitched as he looked at the perpetrator who was none other than Ray.

"Don't listen to this idiot. You don't need some complex plan to return little Bunny to Conny. There's still time." Ray said as Y/n crossed his arms and stared at the ceiling with a frown.

"Huh?" Emma blinked.

"I can see from the window that the light from the gate was still on." Ray informed.

He continued, "Mama hasn't come back either, so I don't think Conny's left just yet. You can return it to her."

Norman set his broom aside and said, "Let's hurry, Emma."

Emma nodded and before approaching the exit of the house, she turned to Y/n and asked, "Do you want to come with us, Y/n?"

"No...Ray's plan is too bland and mine would have been much better. Conny would've been happy with it, even more happy once I presented little Bunny." Y/n pouts.

Ray rolled his eyes as the other two chuckled before leaving the house, little Bunny in Emma's arms to be ready to return to Conny.

"You need to stop asking for something in exchange anytime someone needs help. You always have weird requests and some of the kids have even complained to Mama about it." Ray turned to Y/n.