🎯Chapter 24🎯

As the sun rose, the group awoke from their slumber, some still drowsy while a few others were excited to leave. They collected all their belongings and stood aside, by Sonju's orders, as he looked at the surface above, carefully observing the surroundings.

Beside him appeared Emma who also looked around, sighing in relief at the sight of no danger. Turning to look at the kids, she gave them a reassuring smile and signaled them to follow.

"No enemies in sight. Let's head out!" Emma nodded.

-----
Six days passed since the group entered the forest. The journey was quite grueling for some but they continued nonetheless, not wishing to be a burden to the group. Eventually, they found their way out of the forest.

"Woah!!"

"So huge!"

As the group stopped, they knew it was time to say goodbye to their demon friends. (Not Ustinez though)

"Keep heading southwards to arrive at your destination." Sonju instructed as he pointed ahead.

"Area B 06-32!!"

The younger children sent glances at Mujika before giving in to their desire and gathering around her, tears welling in some of their eyes.

"Nooo, Mujika!!"

"I don't wanna say goodbye!" Alicia cried.

"Can't you stay with us...a little longer?" Mark pleaded.

Mujika made a slightly surprised sound before giving them an apologetic smile, indirectly telling them that she could no longer stay with them.

Ray glanced at the kids and sighed, making his way over to them.

"Stay strong." Ray told them, placing his hands on their heads.

"Ray..." One of them looked at the boy while sniffling.

"These two have places to be too. We have to be strong enough to be able to survive on our own." Ray said.

"Don't worry. As long as you can stay out here, you won't run into any more 'demons'. If all goes well, you'll probably be able to meet up with this Minerva guy." Sonju assured.

"Yeah...!" One of the kids weakly pumped their fist, wiping away their stray tears.

Sonju then pointed at a certain group he denied "troublemakers", and moved to tower over them.

"No matter what you do, don't ever stray back into the forest or go near a body of water. Understood?" He spoke in a serious tone, clearly not wishing for the group to worry about the reckless troublemakers.

"Yes!" The group saluted.

It was Y/n, Nat, Lannion, Thoma, and Ustinez. Although, when Sonju looked away from them, they exchanged offended looks.

"Why'd he tell us this?" Nat frowned.

"Seems like he doesn't trust us." Thoma crossed his arms.

"How rude." Lannion hmphed.

"For real. I consider myself to be the most trustworthy and careful person here." Y/n tilted his chin up, his eyes closed as the corners of his lips tugged down.

"I get why you four were told to stay out of trouble...but why me?" Ustinez deadpanned.

Sonju and Mujika stood aside each other as they faced the group, ready to part ways.

"Stay safe." Sonju nodded.

"Thank you, Sonju." Ray said, clear sincerity in his tone.

"Stay well, please. All of you!" Mujika smiled as she hugged some of the younger children.