Forever - 2

---Flashback---

I was sitting in the principal's office, waiting for him to call me in and discuss about the latest idea my team had. I was the leader of the workshop group for the school garden and we wanted to set up a new flowerbed for medical plants. It was kind of my hobby since I can think: Planting, cultivating, harvesting and making cremes or lotions or almost anything out of different herbs. I knew a thing or two about that and always loved to talk about it. Jungkook must have figured that quite soon. That's how he got me to talk to him when he didn't know what to say. I already knew him from my class, but our classes are big – we never talked. And I was sure he never recognized me before. I was rather invisible to others.

However, Jungkook made his first real appearance in my life shortly after I sat down to wait. He came in, looking grumpy at first. As he saw me his expression changed to curious. "Did you also accidentally crash a table?", he asked. Confused I raised my eyebrows: "Huh?" "Well I guess not", he continued, "Then what are you here for?" I shrugged my shoulders: "Discussing our newest garden project with the principal." JK tilted his head and looked at me. Almost a bit defiant I stared back. "So you damaged a table?", I asked. He nodded and suddenly a mischievous smile came on his face: "Why? You like bad boys?" "Ha! You wish!", I replied and looked away. He sat next to me and we went silent.

I have to admit that I liked his looks as soon as I saw him the first time. But being the nice girl I always was and am, I wasn't very into that "bad-boy-behaviour". I always followed every possible rule and was good in almost all subjects. The teachers liked me and I never was at parties before. I really had to force myself not to secretly look to him. Before I almost gave in to the curiosity, I at least figured that I could see our images in the windows in front of us. And I saw that this boy next to me openly and without shame was checking me out. "How dare he!", I thought and as I wanted to tell him off, the principal's door opened and Mr. Kim stood in front of us.

"Ah, I see the two of you already met. Come on in. Both", our principal said. I stood up immediately and not even sparing one look at him I walked straight past him and into the office. I heard his little giggle as he slowly got up as well and followed me. We sat down at the desk and the principal began: "Katy, I already read about your idea and I like it. I would love you to organize it. Ask me for whatever your group needs. I have one condition, though." I felt taken aback as the principal pointed to this unbelievable boy next to me and said: "He will help you guys out." Then he leaned backwards in his chair. "But...", we both said together. JK looked at me and I – still a bit upset – looked firmly at the principal. "Jungkook", Mr. Kim then continued, "needs somewhere to release his strength or he might get in big trouble in the future." "But...", I tried again, growing silent at the principal's gesture. "Either the project with him or none of them." He looked at me: "Think about it. It is a good chance." Then Mr. Kim's eyes wandered over to Jungkook: "And you better say yes to this offer and I will not tell your parents this time." I heard him murmur something next to me. The tone was rather not so nice. I felt the defiance in me come up again. I wasn't used to this stubbornness of mine but before I knew it, I heard myself say: "Ok. I really wanna do the project. If the condition is... Jungkook... Then I'll go for it still. Is that all? I have to get to the next lesson." Mr. Kim smiled: "Very well. What about you, Jungkook?" The addressed one seemed still grumpy but as he figured that I finally looked at him as well – with raised eyebrows – he turned to me and said: "Could imagine worse." I rolled my eyes but before a fight could break out, the principal got up and said: "Alright. Then it is settled. You may go now." I got up and rushed out.

I heard Jungkook doing the same and after the door behind us closed I wanted to leave as soon as possible. But he held me back. I was surprised at how gently his hand rested on my shoulder but how strong it felt at the same time. I turned around and stared at him: "What? Wasn't it enough flirting for you today?" He raised an eyebrow and put on his cool smile again: "No. Not until you go on a date with me." I blushed, making him laugh and he continued: "But I actually wanted to ask you to where I will have to come to for this... What was it again? Your project. And when." "Tomorrow, 2pm at the entrance to the school garden. Just don't be late and we will see what you can do. I'm sorry though, there are no tables around to be crushed." With this I turned on my heel and left him standing there.

---Back to the presence---