Return - 3

Jungkook's POV

We sat in the lunch break as I got aware of Katy's new message. I smiled as I opened it and read: "Love you, too, sweetheart. But uhm... You probably won't like this and I want to talk to you about this personally, just wanted to let you know beforehand: Vinz picked me up spontaneously today. I actually told him off, but he already was there and I didn't want to seem like a complete jackass, you know? Promise, I now told him he doesn't have to do it anymore. Clearly enough to make him understand that I mean it. Anyways, let's talk about it later when I'm back. And don't forget: You're the only one for me! <3" My smile froze. I loved Katy's innocence a lot, but one thing that made my head ache every now and then was that she often underestimated how she enchanted others. Of course, to me she was the most beautiful woman on this earth. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that this Vinz – despite not giving me a reason for it – looked at her a bit too lovingly. At least she was absolutely open about whatever he did and always ok with a talk about it. And I understood why she reacted that way when he picked her up. She was way too nice sometimes. And I actually loved it. It just made me anxious when I couldn't keep an eye on the dude next to her. She wouldn't make a move at all – I know that for sure. But this guy gave me a bad feeling.

"What is it?", I heard beside me. I didn't even realize that the others went silent. I looked up and straight in Jimin's slightly worried face. "Ah, nothing really. It's just... That guy Vinz." I didn't want to go into more detail; that was something rather private that Katy and I had to settle before sharing it with others. Yoongi didn't say anything but I felt that he understood what I wanted to say. I felt Tae's hand on my shoulder and Leo said: "Don't worry. Katy may be too polite sometimes. But as soon as he makes an obvious move, she can turn pretty savage. Nothing will happen to her." I nodded slowly, trying to believe her. I forced myself to a smile and even though I realized the others didn't buy it, I said: "Well. What were we talking about?" I was thankful as the guys took the hint and changed topic again. But as we headed back to classes, Yoongi took me aside for a short second, saying nothing else than: "As far as I know the two of you – It will be fine."

Katy's POV

I felt uneasy in the car. Vinz was a nice guy, indeed, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that JK must feel really uncomfortable because of this. I send him a message and then turned to Vinz. Up until now he never made me assume that he wanted more than my friendship. But I would keep an eye on him. Cautiously choosing my words I said: "Uhm... First of all: Thanks for picking me up. And don't get me wrong but... I just don't want JK to feel uncomfortable. So... I will stick to taking the bus, ok?" Vinz didn't seem too enthusiastic about it, but nodded, mumbling an "Alright" before changing the topic. He as well was interested in gardening and we talked about it until we finally reached the other college. I got out and was relieved to see my other friends. I waved over to them and without waiting for his company ran over to greet Sarah and Jacky.

"He picked you up this time?", Sarah asked and raised her eyebrow. I nodded a bit shyly. "Good thing we know you have Jungkook or this would be suspicious, dear", Jacky said. "I kind of didn't have a choice", I whispered as I saw that he almost caught up to us. Louder now I added: "Come on, let's go to classes." I took the girls' arms and pulled them towards the entrance. And once again I loved them for how subtly direct they were. Because every now and then they mentioned how perfect JK and I were for each other – preferably when Vinz was around.

After the last subject we headed out and I stopped surprised as I saw a well-known silhouette standing outside. "Kookie!", I shouted and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. "Yeah, I thought I take a detour and pick you up", he smiled and kissed me. The others approached us and my boyfriend greeted the girls as usually – they knew each other well by now. For Vinz it was only a short nod and a glare. I supressed a giggle. Instead I put my arm around his waist and leaned against him. Of course, I would support JK in his trial to make clear that I was his already. "Come on, baby, let's go home", he said after a few minutes and with a glimpse in the direction of Vinz he added: "If you want to, you can stay at my place tonight again." I grinned and said: "Rather come over to my house. Leo and Tae will be on a date anyways and I am very sure that it will be another one of those where she won't come home til in the morning. So, no interference..." I tried to make the last three words sound as suggestive as possible. Better safe than sorry. We said our goodbyes and left Sarah, Jacky and Vinz.

"Got news for you", I began on our way home. "Good or bad ones?", he asked. "Probably rather bad...", I confessed hesitantly. "Oh... Then better be straight forward with it", he replied. "We will do a project in class. And... And since we couldn't choose teams, I am on one with Sarah and Vinz...", I mumbled. "Oh", was his only answer. Then he put his arm around me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before adding: "It will be alright, flower girl. It's only business. And I will keep an eye on him." I smiled shyly. I was relieved he was ok with it.