Return - 11

Katy's POV

I squeezed JK's hand back. And then found my voice again: "Her?", I said dryly, "You gotta be kidding me. How hopeless must you feel to search for her?" "Oh, wasn't that hard", he grinned, "She is my ex. She left me when she got to know JK. But he had already you. And seemingly the kiss at the party didn't change it. But now all of us have a chance. Why shouldn't we mix this all up then? Make all this a bit more interesting? Spice things up?" "I would love that", the still nameless little bitch from back then sighed in a dreamy tone as she sat down as well and eyed Jungkook, obviously thirsting. Nope. Not in the mood for that. I was about to throw hands. Or to rather just get up and leave, taking Jungkook along. Vinz – both of them – weren't worth all the anger that built up in me. But suddenly my boyfriend spoke up: "I actually brought something along as well. I didn't intend to do that now, but since we are here already..." He took out his one hand out of the pocket. I realized he had it in there since I came in. Why though?

"We already are engaged, right, Katy?", he said looking at me. I nodded, a bit confused. Until I realized the box in his hand. It had the right size for... "Baby...", I gasped, covering my mouth with a hand. "But", he said, putting it back, "I don't want to waste this opportunity for you guys. That's not worth it. Let's rather go, my love. Bye you two, have fun." He got up and pulled me along. He dragged me out of this café. "Jungkook, I- ", I tried again. "Hush, baby, wait a little longer", he replied and I decided to do so. He took me to the park, our favourite spot. The one where we had the picknick with the others after I came back from the student's exchange. It was a bit hidden from where the people usually walked and right now no one was around. He took out the box again and looked to the floor, taking a deep breath. "Like I promised...", he began and looked back to in my eyes shyly, "I bought you an engagement ring." He opened the box and I saw it for the first time. I was astonished. It was delicate and rather discreet. A simple silver ring with what looked like two strings being braided and little filigree leaves attached to it. In the middle of it there was one clear jewel that looked a bit like a flower which went along perfectly. It was beautiful. As I looked closer, I saw that inside of the ring there were our initials engraved and also the date when we officially became a couple.

"Do you like it?", I heard Jungkook's voice, getting me back into reality. "I love it", I whispered, still in awe. He took my hand and put the ring on it. I had to hold back my tears. He smiled and pulled me in. "I love you", he whispered in my ears. "I love you too", I whispered back. Then I looked back into his eyes and kissed him. As he pulled back, I grinned at him. "What?", he chuckled. "You could have dropped to your knees", I teased him. He laughed and replied: "Well, promise I will, once you get a real proposal." I laughed along: "That is totally ok. And now – give me your ring, please." "Here you go, darling", he said, blushing and smiling. I took his hand and put the ring on it. And then I kissed him again. How perfect it was to give me this ring here where all this with Vinz and however she was called started, but also now definitely ended. I would never even talk to Vinz again. Nor spare him a look. He wasn't worth getting all worked up over. We now officially and for the world to see promised forever together. I was as happy as I could be. I suddenly had to laugh, relieved that this was settled now for me – or us, since I could feel that he thought the same. And now for the third time we kissed. Pressing myself against him, I realized once again we were meant to be. I loved him and he loved me. And nothing – and no one – could ever change that; no matter how often they would try and return in our lives.