Return - 1

Katy's POV

„Katy?", I heard Leo's voice from where the door was. I grunted and turned towards the noise. Her head looked into my room. "Hmm?", I asked, half asleep. "Get up", she said. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before I found my voice again: "Why?" I sounded husky because I just woke up. Nonetheless, I continued: "You know I had nightshift today at the pharmacy. I wanna sleep." "Yet there is a surprise visit waiting for you", she replied. Now she got me curious. But before any of us could say even more, I already heard a third voice: "Leo, she doesn't have to get up for me. I am used to seeing her in any possible condition." "Come on in", I sighed, recognizing the voice. Leo left the doorframe and instead Jungkook entered. I glared at him: "Don't you dare wake me up again any time soon. And now get here, I want to cuddle." He grinned: "Sorry. But I have news and wanted to share it with you." As he walked over, my disapprove melted. He was so damn beautiful and every time I saw him, I once again was stunned. How was this my boyfriend?

He sat down next to me and pulled me in close. He gave me a quick hello-kiss as I nuzzled up to him, almost falling asleep again. "How is my baby?", he asked. I was too lazy to form words and just gave him a descriptive "hm". I heard his soft chuckling. "Not so good?", he continued and I added a faint "Tired." "I see", he replied and then finally cut to the chase: "So... The reason I am here... I finally found a job as well." If I wouldn't have been so tired, I would have been absolutely cheerful. But I had only three hours of sleep or so by now. So, I just sat up and smiled at him: "Congrats." He laughed and leaned my head back against his chest: "Go back to sleep, love." I didn't complain. Instead I gave him a quick kiss on the chest and made myself comfortable again.

Jungkook's POV

I looked down at the sleeping beauty. It took only about five minutes until she was snoring slightly. I smiled. She was so cute. And even though she wasn't awake enough to cheer for me, I knew her well enough already to figure how happy she was for me getting a job. I was kind of sorry for waking her up. But I had to tell her right away. And I figured that even though I woke her up – which was a death sentence for everyone else – she had forgiven me for doing so. I was really lucky to have her.

Slowly the sleep took me in as well. As I woke up again, Katy's snoring got even more intense. I had to chuckle. For making up, I decided to get her some breakfast. So, I got up, as careful as possible to not wake her up, and sneaked out of her room. Poor girl had another night shift at her job. Why though? Just because her boss thought they would actually sell something at night. Katy said it would be pretty rare. But whenever I was about to be mad at the pharmacy's owner, she gently turned me down saying that she indeed enjoyed it and loved to learn about everything there. And that they pay her college money. I slightly shook my head. There was barely an occasion she didn't see the good thing in something. I always found it amazing.

There had been quite a lot of changes the past few days: College started and we were trying to get used to it. Katy found work and decided to move out at home. Instead she was now living together with Leo. I had been to a lot of job interviews to finally get money and fulfil the promise I once made her. Now I at last got an actual offer to help out in the public marketing of a big company. Which sounded way fancier than it was. I wasn't the one counselling or anything. I was the one to keep an eye open if all the supplies were still filled up or helped to build booths. But still – it was payed. That's all it needed. And it was a great opportunity after all.

Katy's POV

When I finally found my lost boyfriend in the kitchen, he was pouring water over the coffee powder. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realize the water already running down the can and on to the table. I grinned and asked: "Don't you think that is enough water already?" He flinched and I had to giggle. "Gosh, you scared me!", he complained and looked at the mess before mumbling: "Oh... I... Sorry." I laughed again, took a rag and started to wipe while saying: "It's fine. We have to clean up today anyways." He looked at me lovingly and I continued: "So. Tell me about your job. What is it?"

During the breakfast – that my lovely Kookie prepared so well despite the coffee-incident – he explained everything to me and I was amazed. He didn't seem as amazed by the job but was very motivated to start it. I smiled as I said: "My baby working for the Johnston-company. Wow, I am proud." He smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

We spent the whole Sunday together. He didn't even shy back from helping me with the household. We cleaned the kitchen and then took a long walk, still trying to process everything that had happened recently. Spontaneously we agreed that he would stay over the night. We ate dinner and afterwards got ready for sleeping. Cuddling up in my bed, we fell asleep quite fast.