Forever - 11

Em was right: It took me about a week to recover enough to get out of hospital. Jungkook didn't even think of leaving my side. He was around me whenever and wherever. He cooked for me, helped me with whatever I needed and kept away others when he felt I needed rest. He even slept at the couch in my room – despite how uncomfortable it was for a tall guy like him. After two nights discussing about it, he finally was convinced to move to my bed for the nights. But he still was very cautious, trying to not make any movement that would hurt me again. But at least I could feel his arms around me and hear his heartbeat which relaxed me a lot.

We also had long and intense talks about what happened. It took a long time, but I slowly forgot about the kiss – even more when he kissed me, reminding me that I was the only one for him. The one he almost thought he'd lost, causing him to cry uncontrolled. And just as slowly I could convince him not to feel guilty. It couldn't be changed now anyways. I knew that he figured that I didn't see him as guilty nor any of his friends. Over the time he accepted that as a truth for him as well. Sure, the alcohol slowed down his ability to react a bit – but even sober, it could have all gone the same way. One never knows. I realized that our relationship wouldn't stay the same like before. But not necessarily in a bad way. I felt that it grew deeper. That my whole self finally was fully convinced: We were meant to be together. Forever. And I also realized that he felt it, too.

The bruises took quite a while to heal but over time they did as well. At least most of them disappeared right in time for school. I was kind of tense when we reached there. Jungkook had his arm around my waist and even carried my stuff, still not convinced that I would be able to do it by myself. But I knew he was too stubborn to discuss about it and if there were even the slightest scratches to be seen, I wouldn't have a chance to persuade him.

However, in the hallway we really met that girl again. I felt the anger again and Jungkook must have noticed too. He held me back as I wanted to storm towards her. "Don't. It's no use.", he said, his arms on mine. She saw us too and flinched. "Don't you dare come close", I growled, more to myself than meant to be heard by anyone else. But she did. And before I could say anything she simply said: "I guess I did something stupid. Sorry or something." "Or something?", I nearly screamed. Jungkook squeezed my arm. I tried to relax a bit, but it didn't work. The girl shrugged her shoulders: "It's not like I really regret it. Doesn't seem like it worked though. Too bad. However, I will have to move to another city anyways. You guys probably won't see me again. But Jungkook, if you will be single again one day... Tell me. You know my name, just text me on Facebook." She smiled mischievous but not in the lovely way Jungkook used to but in a mean, devious manner. I was about to explode but then heard JK's voice: "I don't know your name. Furthermore, I don't care. Because I won't ever let this girl go anyways. As for me – I won't be single anymore. I'm sorry. Or something." He turned away, headed to our lockers and pulled me along, leaving the nameless girl behind. I looked at him, slowly calming down again and moved by his words I said: "Jungkook?" "Hmm?" "I love you so much." "Me too", he answered, stopped, turned to me and kissed me passionately. Probably within the sight of that girl. But who cares anyways. Jungkook and I... That was what forever meant to me.