Together - 8

The next day Tes and I stood in front of Em's house with my dress in the bag in my hand. I had met her on the way and now we waited for Em to open. As she did, we said our hellos and then headed upstairs for getting ready. I was just about to reveal my outfit when we heard the doorbell again. It was Leo and Charlie. I have seen Charlie a lot, but never really talked to her except the usual polite stuff. Overall, she seemed like a nice girl and as she stood in front of us now, all shy and a bit lost, I decided to like her. Jimin might come along with a lot of people that sometimes weren't that much of my type, but Charlie seemed like one he hit the bull's eye with. I could literally imagine how she could bloom up in Jimin's never-ending care. We introduced her to Em and Tes and then got ready for putting on our make-up and doing our hair. Over time Charlie thawed up a bit and I found her to be quite sassy once she felt comfortable enough.

"I'm telling you, JK seems to be on to something lately. There is a thought that doesn't let him come to rest the last days", I said while Em helped me with my hair. Tes was next to us, helping Leo with her outfit. It looked absolutely gorgeous and suited her so well that I was sure Tae's jaw would drop, seeing her afterwards. "What do you mean?", Charlie asked who had entered while I was saying it. She had been to the bathroom to change. And now she stood in front of us and I was surprised again. She was really pretty anyways but that knee-long, black dress with the wide skirt made her look even better. "Wow, Charlie, you look absolutely gorgeous!", Leo complimented her and we all agreed. The appointed one blushed and thanked us before asking: "You guys know Jimin better... Do you think he will like it?" "Absolutely!", Em assured her, "He won't be able to take his eyes off of you." Tes smirked: "Why? You wanna impress him? Do you like him?" Charlie blushed again which was enough of an answer. We laughed. "Maybe", she murmured shyly, "I guess I like him a lot. But it's too early to say something definite yet!" I guess we all could relate to her in that moment. "But by the way, you haven't answered my question, Katy", she tried to change topic and I remembered what I have said a bit before. "Ah, yes", I began again, "Actually I can't pinpoint it but lately he... I don't know. He is all about that 'not being at the same college somehow'-thing and he is more mischievous than ever. Not that I mind though..." I blushed slightly thinking about the couch-incidence. "Uuuuh, Katy", Em smirked. "More details maybe?", Leo teased me and Tes laughed. "Rather not", I defended myself, "Being more mischievous describes it already." "Translation: He tends to forget his manners", Leo concluded. This time my blushing was enough of an answer. "Stop blushing", Charlie said as she handed me over the make-up, "or else you need tons of foundation." I grinned and began to put it on.

When we were finished, we still had 15 minutes left before the boys would come and pick us up. Leo, Charlie and I were quite excited and couldn't stop talking while Tes and Em tried to answer every question or reassured us how good we looked. Finally, the doorbell rang and Em instructed us to stay put. She wanted to surprise the boys. Tes went outside to open and while we got wrapped in blankets to cover our dresses and were turned around, I already heard the boys complain. At first, I heard the talkative Jimin: "You really don't need to tease us like this, Tes!" JK was quick to agree: "She already sent me a photo of the dress; I don't need to be surprised." I shook my head smiling. I did send him a photo. But it wasn't a very good one and I didn't even wear it. Tae wasn't to be heard but I was pretty sure he was sulking a bit as well. I heard them enter and right away JK spoke again: "Don't tell me I have to choose now." "Why?", Tes asked, "Don't you think you could find your girl?" "Of course, I can!", he defended himself, "That's why it's a stupid thing to do." "Alright, go ahead then", Em ordered him. I heard his footsteps coming up, sure of where to head. And indeed, he put his hand on my shoulder – lucky him – and said: "See? I could find her with my eyes blindfolded!" "Don't make us test it!", Tes responded and probably gave the others the sign to go find their company as well because soon after both stood behind their girls and we finally could turn around.

I couldn't see how Jimin and Tae reacted in detail, but I heard their amazed tone as they complimented Leo and Charlie. I was fully focused on JK. I had been right about what I imagined his reaction to be like: His eyes widened and his jar dropped as he saw me in my long, dark blue dress that was rather tight and had a cleavage which was kind of low-cut but not so low that it would tease too much. It had an intended tear on one side that showed my legs up to the midst of my thighs. My shoulders were also exposed and even a rather large part of my back was shown. Around my waist some delicate glitter pattern was sewed on and my make-up was in an overall light blueish shade, not very prominent. My earrings on the other hand were conspicuous. They reached almost all the way down to my shoulders and were made of numerous filigree silver chains in various sizes with blue rhinestones at the end of every chain. My hair was mostly open and fell over my shoulders in light waves except the braid that Em artistically guided from one side of my head over the back of it and almost all the way to the other side in order to keep my hair in place and out of my face. She even fixed a blue, filigree silk rose on one side. When I last looked in the mirror, even I was absolutely amazed by my appearance.

Jungkook now seemed to realize he didn't say a thing up until now and, still amazed, he slowly whispered: "Wow. You look amazing. Gorgeous. Indescribable. I... I love it!" I chuckled. "You too", I answered honestly as I let my gaze wander over his body. It was "just" a normal suit, but he managed to look better than every other guy I have ever seen in a suit. He didn't even wear a tie or anything. Just a white shirt, black jeans and an also black jacket. It looked so casually hot that I didn't realize I bit my lip. This at least gave him his confidence back. He whispered to me: "Yeah, baby, I could eat you right now as well, but I think we should hold back around here." I rolled my eyes but felt the red shade on my face. He chuckled and gave me a peck. Then he offered me his arm and together with the others we went off, thanking Em and Tes again and promising we would send them photos.

At Prom we first greeted the rest of our group and their company. Yoongi was persuaded by us to ask somebody out even though he protested loudly at first. We talked quite a while, took the obligatory photos and then JK and I danced together until we were out of breath. But as we were about to leave the dance floor, we realized the next song was a slow one. So, I put my arms around his neck while his rested on my waist. He hugged me tightly and sang along slightly. I could smell his scent and once again was overwhelmed by how much I loved this boy already. Needless to say, I enjoyed this dance the most. After the music ended, we let go off each other and I was a bit shy by my deep feelings for him I got aware of again. At least this time he seemed to feel the same. "It's pretty warm in here...", he began, looking down on the floor, "Should we head outside a bit?" I nodded and we set off. As we walked out, we crossed Jimin and Charlie. I grinned as I saw them tightly hugging and kissing. "Fingers crossed", I thought, following JK who was also smiling widely. "Finally, he gathered up the courage...", I heard him whisper proudly.