Forever - 10

After another wasted night with almost no sleep whatsoever, I heard the first knock of the day. "Yes?", I said loudly, but very unsure. Would it already be JK? The door slowly opened. It was him. Or rather – probably. Somewhere behind the roses. Wait, no, that was definitely him. I recognized his figure. The flowers slowly got lowered and I saw his eyes. The anger and doubt I somehow felt at first again disappeared as the sadness in his eyes hit me. "Don't let yourself get fooled by the puppy eyes", I scolded myself and turned my head away. "If...", I heard his voice from the door, "If by chance... I mean... If the teddy bear isn't enough." He sighed. I was surprised. So the teddy bear was his idea, huh? "I mean", he continued and I heard the door getting closed as he stepped in, "nothing could probably make up for the incredible bullshit I did, would it?" I heard the sadness now even in his voice and not being able to take it any longer I turned to him. He had tears in his eyes that looked worried at me. I gestured him to come over. "Explain it. We'll see", I said, trying not to sound too upset. My voice was very sharp nonetheless and I saw him flinch a bit. He slowly approached me and laid the flowers down on the bedside table. Sighing he sat down. He looked at the floor and just as I thought he had grown completely silent now, I heard him sobbing. Wait, what? Before I thought about it, I reached out my hand and put it on his arm. He looked up. Seeing him like this tore my heart apart. I started to cry along. How could I still feel so compassionate when this boy cheated on me literally two days ago? He laid his head on my bed and I stroke his head until both of us at least somehow stopped.

Afterwards he looked back up and with a tearful voice said: "I am so incredibly sorry." His eyes filled up with tears again, so I quickly said: "Let's first talk. The others told me that it was a misunderstanding?" "The alcohol...", he said and sobbed again. I lifted his chin so that he had to look at me. "What?", I asked. Finally, he seemed to pull himself together and started to explain: "I drank too much again. You always warned me. I should have listened to you. Suddenly that girl – I don't even know her name, I swear – stood next to me. She asked me about who that girl in the park was. So I told her. She seemed pretty sad. Now, too late, even my slow, dumb brain understands that she had a crush on me for a long time. I never really realized her, I guess. Anyways, she looked back and as I wanted to ask her to leave, she suddenly said something and kissed me. If my mind wouldn't have been so slowed down from the alcohol I probably would have reacted earlier. But like this – I only saw her leaving and then recognized you. And how you ran away. Of course, I tried to follow you. But there were so many people and I still wasn't fully sober. And when..." Jungkook stopped, suppressed another sob and took a deep breath before he continued with a shaky voice. "And when I saw you running on the street and this car hitting you... I was at least sober again. I..." He couldn't hold back anymore and started to cry once again. With empty sight I looked at the wall and tried to process. So that was the misunderstanding? That little bitch tried to separate us like this? And even worse, she almost managed to do so? The anger from before rose again but this time it was against her. I knew it! Ok, at least some parts of my brain told me that he would never do something like that. But was it believable? I put that thought aside. I knew Jungkook. I knew the others. They wouldn't have spoken up for him. Jimin even witnessed it. Drunk or not – he would not have let JK kiss her himself. And if the others believed him why shouldn't I? I knew him better than myself and why shouldn't I listen to the voice inside me telling me that a guy crying like a baby because of this only can be sincere? He was always honest about his feelings towards me. I looked at him. He loved me. I knew that. He told me more than once. And I decided to believe him.

JK's sobbing got me back to reality again. Oh my gosh. He must feel terrible! I touched his arm but before I could say anything he mumbled into the bedlinen: "I won't get drunk ever again." I slightly smiled and softly said: "Don't worry. I will look after you anyways." He looked back up immediately, surprised: "You mean...?" I nodded: "Not yet to be forgotten – give me time for this – but forgiven. I believe you." Through his tears I saw his face lighting up again. Then, with all sincerity in his voice, he said: "I love you. For real. You and nobody else. Forever. I promise."