Chapter 53

The double-date went well as planned, but you had felt uneasy the whole time since the truth was sitting in the back of your mind. Lisa is just taking advantage of Jimin to get over Jisu's death. She craves the attention he gives her because it fills the void that once was Jisu. Her best friend.
Can you blame her, though? If you hadn't had Namjoon through all of this, you have no idea where you would be and you'd rather not think about it.

"I'll pay for us." Jimin smiles at Lisa, holding her hand as they sit next to each other.
"Okay, baby." She replies. You subconsciously heave a deep sigh that catches Jimin's attention. He turns to you with concerned eyes, "Everything okay, y/n?" he asks.
Lisa looks to you also with concerned eyes; in concern for herself, not you.
"Yeah, y/n. Everything alright?" She stares.

"All good." you smile with thin lips. "Jimin, I need to talk to you after we pay, if that's alright." you say. Lisa's eyes narrow into a glare. You feel Namjoon's hand tense up around yours, he forces a chuckle.

"Remember we have that thing to attend, y/n?" he asks, his sweet tone masking his frustration.
"I won't take long, love." you smile, he smiles back. "Good." he removes his hand from yours and places it on your thigh, "Because my mom just texted me saying that her and my dad left to the grocery store, and you know how they never leave the house." His gentle eyes glare in a subtle yet eager manner, sending you the message.
"Alright, we'd like our check please!" you call out to the cashier counter, gesturing for someone to come over.

Jimin pays for the four of you and you leave a tip. Walking out of the diner, you immediately place a hand on Jimin's shoulder before Lisa can take him away.
"Let's just talk over here." you suggest, gesturing to the end of the street. Jimin nods. "So.. what did you
think of her?" Jimin asks with a wide smile, his eyes lit up as he continues to admire Lisa from across the street.
"Jimin, there's something you should know..." you sigh.

Lisa crosses her arms, "Do you know what she's telling him?" she asks Namjoon. Putting his hands in his pockets, Namjoon shrugs. "You know as much as I do." he answers.
Then it clicks, Lisa called you the night that your parents were taken away in the cop car. Namjoon remembers her being a drunken mess and that she mentioned using some guy for attention. Realizing Lisa has been taking advantage of one of his best friends and that you're doing the right thing by telling him, Namjoon pokes his tongue in his cheek. He resists the urge to confront Lisa and simply stands there in silence.

You explain everything to Jimin, how Lisa revealed her true intentions to you while she was drunk. "Lisa said she doesn't want anything long term.. she's just coping." you sigh. You watch as Jimin's eyes gloss over at your words, filling with tears. He slightly narrows his eyes at you, tilting his head. "Wh-at?" he asks, choking on his words. You wrap your arms around him, rubbing his back. "I know." you reply, knowing that Jimin understood you perfectly.
"No." Jimin says as he gently pushes you away, turning to stomp towards Lisa.

"Jimin—."
"You've been using me?" he asks, chest heaving with angry, anxious breaths. Lisa's eyes widen at the realization that her threatening glares weren't enough to keep you quiet. She forces a chuckle. "Baby, let's just head to my place. You don't want to cause a scene, do you?"
"Have you been using me?" Jimin repeats.
"Let's talk about this in the car—."
"No. I'm going home with them. There's nothing for you to tell me that I don't know. We're done." Jimin says, cutting Lisa off.

Namjoon quickly looks to you, "He's coming home with us?" You sigh, "I guess so."

Jimin stomps past you and Namjoon, walking to Namjoon's car and tugging on the door handles. "Unlock it." he demands without sparing you a glance. Namjoon unlocks the car and you both get inside, Jimin in the backseat. You shut the car door behind you and Jimin immediately starts screaming, "WHAT THE FUCKKKK." he loudly groans, startling you.
"Jimin calm d—."
"I'M HEARTBROKEN." he shouts. After a few seconds, "Sorry." Jimin quietly apologizes before breaking out into tears. Namjoon pulls out his phone and soon your phone bings in your lap.

JOON<3
we really aren't fucking
tonight huh

You look up to Namjoon who's sitting beside you in the driver's seat. You shake your head and Namjoon throws his head against his headrest in defeat. He looks back to his phone.

JOON<3
damn it

————-

"Thank you Mrs.Kim." Jimin lightly smiles, taking the mug of hot chocolate from Namjoon's mother. "No problem, hun. Just take it easy." she replies, gently grabbing his cheek before walking back into the kitchen.

"Alright. We got you chips, ramen, chocolate, hot chocolate with the big marshmallows you like and six pillows. Can y/n and I go upstairs now?" Namjoon asks. Jimin pouts, "I want y/n to stay here, she needs to watch Mean Girls with me. It's my comfort movie." he says.
Before Namjoon can say anything, his mother interjects. "I like Mean Girls! I can watch it with you." she suggests. Jimin looks to you, then to Mrs.Kim. "Sure." he says.
You mouthe the words 'Thank you' to Jimin, knowing damn well that he'd much rather spend time with you than Namjoon's mother.

You and Namjoon walk up the stairs. When you reach the top you place a hand on Namjoon's shoulder, slowly sliding your hand down his arm to take his hand. "Now that we're alone, does that mean we can..." you bite your lip, looking to Namjoon's disappointed expression with optimism. Namjoon shakes his head, pointing to his parent's bedroom that has his father in it.

authors note
thank you for all of your support. i read every comment and every vote makes me smile. I'm
glad to know when you guys are enjoying my stuff.

i really hope you continue to support me and my other stories when i publish them:,) <3 it brings me joy, seriously. i love writing

CHECK OUT MY NEW PUBLISHED STORY 'HEAD CHEF' JUNGKOOK X READER :))) i love you all. stay safe xoxoxo stream butter