Chapter 20

You're sitting at the back of your World Studies class when someone passes a folded piece of paper to you.
"Give this to y/n, pass it on." She says.
"...I am y/n."
"Oh, then that's for you. From Pervert." She says, you fake a smile.
"You mean Namjoon?" You correct her, taking the paper.
"Pervert." She says stubbornly before turning back around.

You roll your eyes then open the paper, looking up to see if the teacher is watching.

Don't need to get in trouble twice today.

You hide the paper behind your textbook.

It reads:

Dear y/n,

Can we hang out today after school? But at my house.
Don't come right after school, come at around 5:30.

-namjoon :D

You look up to see Namjoon looking back at you, waiting. You smile and nod, a smile grows on his face as well. He turns back around to look at the board.

How come the teacher never catches him when he isn't paying attention?

You sigh and fold the paper back up.

AFTER SCHOOL
STILL Y/N's POV
3:57 PM

"I'm home!!" You yell as you walk in the door.
"Hey honey, where's Hoseok?" Your mom asks.
"He's staying in the dance studio recording something or something." You say. Your mom chuckles.
"Something or something?"
"I dunno, he'll be there for about another hour." You say.
"Alright, do you have any homework?" Your mom replies.
"A short chemistry video, I'm going to Namjoon's at 5:30." You say.

"Uh, Namjoon's? Why didn't he just come here? He normally walks home with you... wait a second, are you guys going tO--." You cut your mom off. "NO! I'm 16, mom!" You say, your mom eyes you suspiciously.

"Okay, but nothing until you're married! Or you know there will be severe consequences, and that's not a joke." She says sternly.
"I know, I know. We're not even dating yet!" You say, your mom chuckles.

"Yet." She repeats.
"Maybe he's asking you out today!" Your mom says, you can see the excitement in her eyes.. it's concerning.
You never thought about it that way, but it wouldn't be unlikely for him to ask you out.

Oh my god... the Snowfall Dance.. how could I be such a dumbass to forget?

It's been getting colder and colder each day, and you're not too happy about that. The only things you're looking forward to are the winter festivities your school has planned.

Your old high school wasn't enthusiastic at all, but your new high school is a different story.
Every year around Christmas time, it has The Snowfall Dance, also known as the winter prom.

"Shit, shit, shit." You panic, running upstairs and into your room. "I have nothing to wear!"

You go through multiple oversized hoodies and crop tops until you find what you hope is the perfect outfit.
A dress that's casual but appealing.

You never wear dresses, but Namjoon has never seen you in one and this feels like the right occasion.

Suddenly you get a text.

JOONIE :)
I'm leaving the front door open for you, just walk in at around 5:30.
Read 4:20

That's weird.. why would he just leave the door open for me?

You shrug off the thought and go downstairs to watch the latest episode of Keeping up with the Kims.
"Oh my god Kim YuChul is so bossy." Your mom comments.
"I know, right? Don't even get me started about Yuna."

NAMJOON's DOORSTEP
5:34 PM

You take a deep breath then walk in the front door.
"No! Don't catch fire!" You hear a familiar voice yell from the kitchen.
"Namjoon?" You call out, worried.

You rush into the kitchen to find a messy, panicked Namjoon wearing oven mits and frantically waving his arms around.
"OHMYGOD NAMJOON." You grab the fire extinguisher from inside a cabinet and spray the burning pan.

"Oh, hi y/n." Namjoon says, face flushed pink from anxiety and embarrassment.
"Namjoon you could've died what are you doing?!" You ask.
"Baking." He replies with a sheepish smile.
"Why?!"
"I tried making cupcakes, but then they burned a little bit. So I tried making cake! And that, uhm, caught fire."
"Clearly." you laugh, "But why are you baking?" You press
.
Namjoon takes a plate with 5 extremely burnt cupcakes and gives it to you. Each cupcake had a letter written on it in icing.

They spell out,
P-R-O-M-?

You put the plate down and look to Namjoon, a smile growing on your face.
You walk over to him and hug him, "Of course I'll go to the prom with you!" You say. Namjoon wraps his arms around you.
"I wouldn't want to go with anybody else."

Namjoon lifts you up on the corner of the counter and kisses you, you push away a bit, giggling. "Your face is covered in batter and icing." You say.

Namjoon takes some icing from the cupcake on his finger and wipes it on your nose. "You do too." He smiles, you laugh then smile back at him.