Chapter 11

The Next Day at School..

"Obviously my persuading plan failed." You say. "Yeah, just a bit." Namjoon replies sarcastically. "...what plan?" Jisu asks, she squeezes in-between you and Namjoon as you walk to class.

"Nothing." You say.
"Okay, it's obviously not nothing. You both look like you killed someone and you're hiding the body in your backpack." Jisu says, you and Namjoon look to each other. "Wait...you didn't actually, did you?" Jisu asks, she starts unzipping your bag. "No!!...well, kinda?" You say.
"What!?—." Jisu starts.
"We didn't kill someone." Namjoon interrupts Jisu's madness before it can spiral.

"You'll probably find out what happened when lunch comes around." You say. "When we go with plan A." Namjoon says.
"Why can't you tell me now?" Jisu pesters.
"Just, be patient. Please?" You plead.

It's lunch time, meaning, it's game time.
You and Namjoon stand in the stairwell by the cafeteria. Anyone sitting in there has a clear view of you, it's the perfect place to cause a commotion. You look over at everyone, eating their lunch in peace.
The newspaper crew is always watching and waiting at lunch time for drama to rise. Lunch hour is when all drama occurs.

"Are you ready to go with the original plan?" Namjoon asks.
"Okay, so we're going to act like we're upset at each other, right?"
"Yeah." Namjoon replies.
"I'll yell at you first, then you'll get angry and yell at me back. And we'll just keep arguing?" You whisper, so no one hears. "That sounds good." Namjoon says.

You both acknowledge the people that are already watching you, which didn't come as a surprise since you two were already popular enough from the school paper. You take a deep breath.

There's a long pause. Soon Namjoon is staring at you, waiting. "Y/N.... are you gonna start?" He asks quietly, you let out a heavy sigh.

"I can't, Namjoon." You say.
"What? Why?" He aks.
"I don't want to be mad at you, I'm not good at acting anyways. Can we just....go with our backup backup plan?" You suggest with a shy chuckle. You lift your arms to rest your hands at the back of Namjoon's neck.
"The plan where we pretend to be in love?" You ask.
"I thought you weren't good at acting." Namjoon chuckles.
"I don't need to act to like you, Namjoon." You go up on your tippy toes so your lips reach.

Suddenly, Namjoon lightly pushes you away.

Namjoon's POV

"I don't need to act to like you, Namjoon." y/n says, she goes on her tippy toes.

I can finally express how I feel about y/n, and she feels the same way..

Wait. No.

Namjoon pushes y/n away.

I can't do this to her.
If people see us kiss, it'll make huge headlines.
If we kiss, she'll be known as a pervert, too.
I don't want to ruin her highschool experience for her here, nevermind her old school.

Y/N's POV

"We can't do this here." Namjoon whispers in your ear.

What?

"Why?" I ask, realizing I'm getting rejected.
Suddenly, someone runs in and shoves Namjoon against the wall.
"MARK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
you shout.
"Getting revenge, slut." he says. Mark turns around, showing his face. "For THIS." he points at the nasty dark purple bruise around his eye. It's puffy, swollen, and disgustingly discoloured.

Shit.

Namjoon is strong as hell.

"Time to see how it feels, Kim Namjoon." Mark lifts up his arm, his fist facing Namjoon.
"No!" You reach an arm out and run in.

Smack.

"Y/N!" Namjoon shouts. You black out for a couple seconds then come back to reality.
You're lying on the floor.

Fuck, that really hurts...

You feel a sharp pain coming from your face, you touch your mouth then look at your hand.

I'm bleeding.

Namjoon kneels over you.
"Y/N! Are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up?" He asks.
"..7." You reply. Namjoon lets out a sigh of relief.
But Mark isn't done.
Your gaze drifts away from Namjoon's fingers and over to Mark. He's standing over Namjoon as he's about to try and punch him again.

You grab Mark's ankle and yank it so he trips over his own foot.
Surprised by Mark's fall, Namjoon quickly helps you up and gets a hold of your hand, your fingers interlock.

"Let's run before he gets up." Namjoon says, pulling gently on your arm. You slowly take a couple steps forward. "I cant, I'm too weak." You say, hunched over. Mark really knocked the air out of your with that punch, he is an athlete after all. Suddenly, Namjoon picks you up and starts carrying you.

What the hell—

Namjoon starts running away from the stairwell and you stare at his concentrated face while he wonders where to go, floating around the school in his arms.

He brings you to the cafeteria, full of people.

All eyes are on you.

He sits you down on a bench.
"Don't worry, you're safe now. Mark won't be able to hurt you, not in front of everyone. I'll stay here with you, skip next class with you too. Just... relax." Namjoon says.
He smiles at you, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear and you smile back.