Chapter 2

"I warned you, y/n. Now look." Jisu points at the paper.
"It's fine. This won't be big news for long." You say at an attempt to reassure yourself. You put the paper back onto the table, face down.
"Yeah, this won't be big news for long and I'm going to get a boyfriend soon. We all have dreams, y/n." Jisu jokes, you roll your eyes with a chuckle.

You sigh when you realize the pure and kind image of Namjoon is dissolving in your mind with each new thing Jisu says about him.

"Jisu, I promise he doesn't act weird. He didn't do anything remotely sexual when we talked. I've dealt with perverts... Namjoon seems really nice." You say, smiling to yourself as you reminisce of the short and sweet encounter you had with Namjoon in the morning.
Jisu laughs to herself, "Seems nice..." she mocks in disbelief, "Seems nice?!" she scoffs.
"Right. You don't even know what he did yet. You're probably too head over heels to care anyways—."
"Tell me." You demand, leaning closer to Jisu with a smile, "...please?" you plead.
"Fine." Jisu leans in closer to you and starts whispering.

"Two words, Expensive. Girl."

"Expensive girl?" You ask, Jisu quickly covers your mouth. "For fuck's sake, not so loud! You have be careful of what you say around here. The newspaper writers hear everything."
You nod, Jisu removes her hand from your mouth.

"Expensive girl is a song Namjoon wrote about.. well, a girl." she says.
"All artists write songs about love and relationships." You chuckle.
"His song was... different." Jisu says, leading onto something.
"Different how?" You press.
"Different as in him getting naked with girls, in a weird way."
"Okay.. I'm sure the writers exaggerated the song in the newspaper, to make Namjoon look worse. Plus, everybody our age has sex." You say, anticipating that what you're hearing about him isn't true.

"The lyrics of the chorus are literally 'Take it off now girl, just take it off, I'm a master, baby with your bra. Take it off now girl just take it off, I can help you slide those panties off'." Jisu says, reciting it without a stutter. Your mouth slightly gapes in shock, eyebrows raising.

"Oh." You say with an uncomfortable expression, cringing. "That does sound a little bit.. perverted." you admit.
"Yeah. The song was exposed anonymously. He's been known as 'Namjoon The School's Pervert' ever since." Jisu explains.
"Who was he writing it about?" You ask, curious, "I didn't know he had a girlfriend." you say quietly, looking down at the floor and slowly kicking your feet.

"No one knows who it's about."

You lean in closer to Jisu and whisper, "He doesn't randomly slap girls' asses in the hallway and stuff.. right?" Given the label Namjoon has, these kind of questions are expected. Jisu shrugs, "You never know." she says, making you sigh.
"I don't think anyone really knows him, to be honest." Jisu admits.

And that.
That is one thing that is true.

Namjoon's POV

I stand in the cafeteria, holding my lunch tray, looking for a table to sit at.
An empty table to sit at.

Alone, per usual.

I scan the area to find no empty spots.

Namjoon sighs despite not expecting anything more. This friendless habit is a routine for him.