Chapter 34

"People are talking about us

"People are talking about us."
"Well duh, have you not looked at your Instagram story recently?" You say into your phone as you walk your way to school.
"My story doesnt mean anything. I just wanted to publicly appreciate what we did, I'm still thinking about it by the way-"
"Namjoon. Your story implies that we did something. I know the kids at our school are idiots but they're not complete idiots."
"Yes they are." Namjoon says, you sigh.
"You're right, but not all of them." You admit, suddenly theres a pause.
"Y/N.. get to school, now. There's an emergency."

"Oh my god, look at the back page

"Oh my god, look at the back page. Theres even a photo of us cuddled up on the couch together half naked.." You say. You met Namjoon at the front of the school and you're now roaming the halls with your heads down.
"Who could've taken that photo?" Namjoon asks, you furrow your eyebrows when the answer becomes obvious.
"Jisu..."
You and Namjoon both couldn't think straight, you've been explicitly exposed.
"Lets skip class, relax and let this settle" Namjoon suggests, you nod.
"I'm sure it doesn't matter, even the freshmen have sex!" You try to reassure yourself.
"Y/N, it's us. The school's pervert and his little perverted girlfriend, that's all that matters."
"I mean, at least we got fans." You say, chuckling and trying to hide the fact that you're on the verge of shitting yourself.
"God damnit, we're also trending on the school tea website!"
"And you're surprised?"
Time passes as the two of you sit in an empty hall together preparing to face everyone in the lunch hall at 12:00. More importantly, face the 1 person who's causing you this trouble and exposing you of your relationship with Namjoon; the one thing in your life you wanted to work out well. You hate being vulnerable, and it's all Jisu's fault.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" You ask, pulling on her shoulder so she turns around to face you. Namjoon was sitting in the Boy's washroom since he wasn't ready to confront any crowd yet.
"Oh, y/n! It's so nice to see you!" Jisu smiles sarcastically.
"Jisu, why would you post that photo of Namjoon and get a whole Newspaper segment dedicated to our privacy. How'd you even do that? The school paper kids are incredibly difficult to convince." You say.
"I run the school newspaper, dumbass. I've been running it ever since we met at the beginning of the school year when you went ahead and talked to my ex, even though I warned you not to. I've been the one exposing Namjoon and then the 2 of you this whole time, even his little Expensive Girl poem in the beginning. Ever learn to take a hint?" Jisu says, you stand there in shock.
Your own best friend was behind this whole newspaper stunt the whole time? Betraying you?
"Y/N, when I was with Namjoon he never talked about our relationship, no one ever knew we were dating since he wasn't sure of his feelings. He was never comfortable around me and barely showed affection, so shy. Now since y'all love each other so damn much, I'm putting your relationship on blast for the whole school to see! Goals!" She says in your face, too close for comfort.
"Namjoon was going through a rough time, just because you're jealous doesn't mean that—."
"Get away from my girlfriend, Jisu." Namjoon says, coming from around the corner.
"You never said that to anyone when we were together." Jisu snarls.
"That's because you just wanted me for sex!" Namjoon responds, you quietly chuckle.
"I mean, I can understand why." You say, smirking at Namjoon, you can see him trying to hold back laughter. Jisu turns away, displeased.
"Anyways." You chuckle.
"I can't believe you'd betray the both of us, setting us up this whole time? That's unforgivable." You say.
"Jisu was behind everything?" Namjoon asks.
"Yep. The newspaper, exposing you with Expensive Girl, your whole reputation was caused by her." You say, Jisu cracks a cocky smile. You see tears start to well up in Namjoon's eyes.
"Oh, don't start crying now. I'm moving away. You'll never have to see me again! I was offered a scholarship at a piano academy." Jisu says, "Good riddens." Namjoon replies.
"You know, y/n, we had a really good thing going.. but you and Namjoon fucking? That's the last straw. Now you're exposed and I'm leaving the school with a bang." She says, you remain speechless.

You stare her dead in the eyes with a cold stone expression; "Go fuck yourself." you turn around and walk away. That was the last time you saw Jisu.

Or was it?