Chapter 8

The Next Day At School
Y/N's POV

Namjoon walks up to you after class before lunch time.

"Ready to follow through with Plan A?"
He asks.
"Maybe we could stall the plan another day?" You say then cup your face and smile innocently at an attempt to persuade him. Namjoon smiles."Fine.. but why? Are you scared?" Namjoon teases you with a fake pout.
"No! Just, I was thinking. How about after school today, I go into the printer room and try to catch whoever works for the press, whoever's behind these headlines. Maybe I could persuade them to stop spreading the rumours? It could work! What if the person is actually super nice?"  You say.
"That's actually a good idea.." Namjoon admits.
"I know." You smile slyly.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here! Namjoon and y/n." You hear Jisu from behind you. Feeling heavy hands on your back, she pushes you forward into Namjoon. Luckily— just as Jisu intended— he catches you.

"Oops! My finger slipped." Jisu says, smirking. You roll your eyes.

That little...

"Sorry, Namjoon." You look over at Jisu who's cracking up at her own prank. You give her an annoyed glance.

"Yikes, gotta be careful next time y/n! Can't be so clumsy..." Namjoon jokes. He bites the inside of his cheek so he doesn't laugh.

Are you kidding—

"Wow, thanks guys. You're so supportive!" You say sarcastically, crossing your arms.
"Hey, we're sorry. Don't get upset." Namjoon wraps his arms around you.
"Uhm, we're sorry? I'm not sorry. That was hilarious." Jisu says, smirking.
"Thanks Namjoon, I know you actually care about me. That's why you're my best friend." You say, exaggerating the 'best friend' part. You look up at Namjoon and smile, resting your chin on his chest while you hug. His touch is so warm and soft, you can't help but melt under his embrace.

Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Jisu fuming. "He's not your best friend, I thought I was! Ladies and gentlemen, this is betrayal at it's finest." She says, you chuckle.
"It's not betrayal, it's payback for you pushing me into Namjoon." You say.
"Payback?! If it wasn't for me pushing you, you wouldn't be hugging right now!" She says.

"She has a point." Namjoon whispers.
"Shh." You mumble. You snuggle your head back into Namjoon's warm chest like a baby koala clinging onto its mother.

"You guys are way too cute." Jisu says.

That was a big mood swing.

"We're just friends." You say, regretting it the second it comes out of your mouth.

Shit. I just friend-zoned him by accident.

"Just friends." Namjoon replies with a faint smile.

Did he just...
friend-zone me back?

Namjoon's POV

Did y/n just friend-zone me? Act cool. Pretend it means nothing. Namjoon thinks to himself, really hoping it did.

"Just friends." I say.
They're simple words,
painful words.

Y/N's POV
After School

At the end of the day, you told Namjoon that you were going to the printer room and you'd only be 5 minutes. "Just wait at the front of the school for me so we can walk to my house after." You say before walking down the hall towards the evil writer's realm.

Maybe the person making the headlines is that energetic press girl from my first day! That would be easy to handle. Very annoying,, but easy.

You walk up to the door of the printer room and take a big breath.

Here goes nothing.

You take a peek through the door and you're hit with a familiar scent, you see a boy.

Holy shit. There's no way.

You walk in slowly and he turns around at the sound of footsteps.
"Mark?!" Your eyes widen.