TV Surprise and Gwiyomi

My laptop screen radiated a soft glow in the dawn-lit room. The first rays of the morning sun were beginning to peek through the curtain blocking my window. I sat cross-legged on my bed as I scrolled through all of my new emails. I was expecting to get one from the President, since I missed the meeting yesterday. I had tons of new messages today, making it harder to find the one I was looking for. There were tons of updates on news, clothing stores, bills, and more, but nothing from the President. Maybe I could call one of the boys of BigBang.

I was about to give up when my eyes landed on the President's name. There it was in bold lettering. I immediately clicked on the email, opening it up. The screen flashed once before the entire message was displayed before my eyes.

Annyeonghaseyo, Jae Hwa. I've got a few quick things to cover with you concerning the world tour and other things. First, let's start with the biggest matter at hand: the world tour. As you know, you're going to be playing a major role in this activity. The entire company will be traveling to three different locations in the world. First, we'll have a few concerts in Japan. Then, there'll be multiple scattered around Europe, and third, the company will hit the U.S. For our final concert, we'll wrap it up back here in South Korea. But here's where you, specifically, come into play. Since you've become part of the company now, the artists and I welcome you as part of our family. Therefore, you will be put in as the lead female dancer for BigBang's performances. This will give you a huge amount of experience for future projects in the industry, and it will help you become closer to the other artists. I'm hoping that one day, you'll work with multiple clients.

As I finished reading, I simply sighed and stared at the screen. Usually, I'd be worrying about the position he was putting me in. Having me as BigBang's lead female dancer was insane, but for some odd reason, I wasn't that phased by it. At least not anymore. It sort of came naturally to me now. Of course, I wouldn't take the matter lightly, but the fact that the President chose me for this role didn't surprise me. Plus, it proved Jae-Sun's point that the President was fond of me. I quickly started a new email draft and replied to his message.

Thank you for informing me on the concert. I feel privileged to be a lead dancer. I'm sorry I missed the meeting yesterday. I was a little busy. As for meeting the other artists, I'll ask BigBang to introduce me to them.

It only took the President a few minutes to reply back.

Good. I hope you can get more exposure to everyone in the company. But I have something else to ask of you. Lately, your scandal has been causing a lot of damage. You and Jiyong are gaining hate everyday, and I'm worried that you'll eventually have more haters than fans. With more haters, you could eventually bring hate to the entire company. Now don't feel bad about this. It's not your fault. It's just a rumor, anyways. But the public doesn't know that. So we've got to convince them into liking you.

I raised my eyebrows and read the message over again. Was that possible?

How could I do that? Weren't we going to use Jiyong's plan with Lee Chaelin and new scandal?

We still are. But I want you to learn how to handle your publicity. Our plan won't be carried out for a while, so in the meantime, you need to be trained. By showing the public your true personality, more people will like you. You're a sweet, likable woman, Jae Hwa. You just need to prove that to the people. I've got a few things planned for you to take part in to get more recognition. Things like TV appearances.

I looked away from the screen, and paused to think. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness around me, I took in everything I had just read. Do I really want to do that? It would take away what little freedom I still had. But on the other hand, I had lost that a long time ago. My growing recognition in the entertainment industry was inevitable, so I didn't have much of a choice. I knew that I had to go along with the President's plan if I wanted to avoid cracking under the pressure of fame.