Drunken Love

I scanned the menu, taking in the delicious smells of the restaurant. My mouth watered as trays of perfectly seasoned beef and steamed vegetables were carried by to other tables. I couldn't make up my mind over what to order. Everything looked so good. And apparently, I wasn't the only one. The boys of BigBang, who were sitting with me at the table, all appeared to be hungrier than a starved wolf. Looking to my side, I peeked over at Jiyong, who was also reading through the menu. He seemed to be lingering on a combination sushi dinner.

"What're you getting, Ji?" I asked.

"Probably this," he answered, pointing to the sushi dinner. Looking at my menu, he asked, "What about you?"

I rubbed my temples lightly and stared down the menu. "I don't know...maybe the Sukiyaki."

"The Sukiyaki?" he repeated, "Do you think it'll be good?"

"I hope so," I said with a shrug.

"Good," he replied, turning back to his menu.

"Why?"

"Maybe I'll try some," he told me. Smirking, he scooted closer to me so our sides were pressed together and added, "from the taste on you lips."

"Only if I get a taste of your sushi," I bartered.

"Deal," he said.

Suddenly, a waiter approached us. Stepping up to the table with a small notebook and a pen, he greeted us cheerfully. "Konban wa! (Good evening!) My name is Ichirou, your waiter for the evening. Has everyone placed their orders?"

"Yes, we have." Seungri was the one to answer.

"Good," the waiter chirped, "Who would like to start?"

"I'll start," Youngbae called out. Scanning the menu one last time, he said, "I'll have the Shogayaki."

"I'll have the Katsudon," Seungri ordered next. His Japanese sounded pretty solid, unlike Youngbae's pronunciation.

One by one, we ordered our desired meals, each one sounding tastier than the first. Once we were finished, Ichirou snapped his notebook shut and bowed his head to us. "Doumo arigatou gozaimasu! (Thank you very much!) Your food will arrive soon."

Once the waiter had left us, we began to chatter amongst ourselves. The flight wasn't too long, but upon landing, it was almost like all of our energy had been drained. Thankfully, our hotel wasn't too far from the airport, and we were relieved when we finally set foot in our rooms. To me, personally, nothing felt better than the moment I laid down on my new bed. Resting was all I needed. Now, I was sitting here, waiting for the food that I hoped would restore some energy.

"What did you think of your first concert, Jae?"

The words snapped me out of my trance. "Huh?"

Seunghyun, who was sitting across the table from me, was staring right at me. Raising an eyebrow, he repeated, "What did you think of your first concert? Did you enjoy it?"

"Oh, yes. I enjoyed it a lot," I answered quickly, "It was a little terrifying to perform in from of that many people, but I think I got used to it by the end."

"Well that's natural," he replied, "The boys and I were scared out of our minds during our debut performance, and that was in front of a much smaller crowd. I'm impressed that you handled it so well. You're truly talented, you know."

I raised my hand to my cheek, trying to cover up the pinkness. "Thank you. I've worked hard for this."

"I'm sure you have," he said, his intense stare focusing solely on me.