From Now On

I could feel the vibrations and see the flashing lights from my seat backstage. I wasn't exactly sure who was performing, but it was about halfway through the concert. Halfway through the last concert in Japan, to be exact. Right now, we were in Nagoya, Japan. After our performance in Osaka, we traveled to a few other cities like Fukuoka before arriving here. Although it happened over the course of one month, it seemed to fly by like a week.

A sudden swoosh to my right yanked me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump. "Enjoying yourself?"

Turning, my eyes met with Jiyong's. Feeling relieved it was him, I let out a comfortable sigh and shrugged. "It's not like I've done anything yet."

"I'll take that as a yes," he answered for me.

Smiling, I rolled my eyes and punched his arm. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I replied, "You know what I meant. I'm having a great time." Smirking, I added, "Especially since you're here."

He craned his neck to the side so that his face was less than an inch from mine. His hot breaths warned my face, but at this point, I was accustomed to it. Leaning forward, I pressed my nose to his lovingly and smiled. "Thanks for stopping by, yeobo. I know you're busy right now."

"You're all I could think about," he whispered, "How could I not visit my love?"

I laughed and shrugged, pushing him away. "I don't know," I replied. Patting his head gently, I jokingly comforted him. "Poor you. It must be so hard..."

He whined like a hurt puppy and looked up at me with cute, wide eyes. "It is," he sighed. Suddenly, an idea hit him and his eye lit up in excitement. "And you know what would make it better?"

I raised an eyebrow curiously. "No, I don't believe I do."

He puckered his lips and leaned closer to me. He didn't even need to say a word to let me know what he wanted. Chuckling, I left a small peck on his pouted lips. I felt his lips curl up into a smile as I pulled away. Letting out a deep breath, he beamed in content. "Thank you, jagi. I missed your taste."

I rolled my eyes. "You've been gone for what...ten minutes?" When he bit his lip, I laughed.

His cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he whined, "But it felt like a decade!"

"Right..." I sighed, ruffling his hair playfully.

He giggled as he tried to fight back. His hands clasped my shoulders, attempting to push me down. I didn't put up much of a fight and almost fell onto my back. My body was cushioned by the soft padding on the couch. Jiyong, who was now straddled on top of me, pushed his face downward. I shrieked in amusement as he tickled my body, trying to expose my weakness. Jiyong's body was almost completely pressed to mine when something caught my interest in the corner of my eyes. Looking to the side, I saw a shadow growing closer around the corner of the nearest hallway. My eyes widened in terror. They couldn't know what we were doing.

Without hesitation, I pushed Jiyong off with every ounce of strength in my body. Unprepared for the sudden burst of force, Jiyong toppled off of me and onto the hard ground. His back hit the ground with a thump, and I winced. His eyebrows furrowed and he rubbed his back as he whined, "Ow, Jae! What was that-"

I slapped a hand over his mouth and pressed a finger to my lips. He stared up at me in confusion as I pointed to the hallway. When he saw the growing shadow, the annoyance in his eyes faded and he nodded understandingly. I slowly removed my hand from his face and stood up from the couch. I took a few steps away from the shadows before whispering to Jiyong, "I'll go this way, alright?" He nodded in response. The moment I caught his silent approval, I started off in the opposite direction. Just as I reached the hallway, I spun around and called quietly, "I'll catch you later, Ji!"