A Dream Come True

Sunlight steamed though my window as I opened my eyes. I blinked until I was out of my dazed state and pushed myself up. Running my fingers through my hair, I winced as I tried to untangle my knotted hair. As my hand left my hair, I felt my elbow bump something to my left, followed by a loud clatter. I peered over the side of my bed and saw a pair of crutches lying on the floor.

What were a pair of crutches doing in my room?

I tried to swing my legs out over the edge, but only one would move. An agonizing pain shot up my right leg and I clenched my teeth together. What had happened? No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move without feeling a hot pang in my leg. Just then, Jae-Sun walked in.

"Oh, Jae Hwa, how long have you been up?" he asked surprised upon seeing me staring at him.

"That doesn't matter right now," I said, raising my voice, "What happened to my leg?"

He laughed. "Come on, stop messing around. You know that you injured your leg during a practice. I told you not to over practice, but you didn't listen. And this the result. You have to be more careful next time," he scolded me as he bent down beside me and began fitting my right foot into a giant black boot. There was a brace attached to the boot and covered my leg all the way up to my calf.

I had submitted that video to YG Entertainment about a week ago, and everyday since, I spent about one to two hours running through some dances I had choreographed a couple years ago to keep in practice. But I couldn't recall injuring my leg at all. Something wasn't right. As soon as Jae-Sun was finished putting my boot and leg brace on, I balanced on my crutches and stood up.

"Jae-Sun, please tell me this isn't happening," I blurted out in desperation.

Giving me a look of concern, he said, "What are you talking about? You broke your leg a couple days ago. I had to go up to YG Headquarters and inform them that you were no longer able to dance for a couple months."

"W-what? Why would you do that?" I shouted.

"Well what choice did I have? You can't dance with a broken leg!" he defended himself.

"Ugh!" I groaned in disbelief. There's no way something like this could've happened. I had never broken any bone before, and it seemed to be too inconvenient to be true.

Suddenly, my legs started to get weak and I tried to catch myself. But my arms wouldn't move! Every part of my body was paralyzed. I felt a numbness in my legs and my knees buckled underneath me as I fell backwards. Jae-Sun reached out to catch me,but he was too slow, and my head hit my bedside table hard. My mind immediately shut down and I was thrown into the darkness.

~

I sucked in a large breath of air as my eyes shot open and I threw myself up to a sitting position. Shifting my legs under the covers, I let out a sigh of relief. My legs were fine and there were no crutches to be found. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and pulled the hair that was stuck to my face behind my ears. The pain had felt so real. Rubbing my legs, I felt a mild ache in my thighs. I really did over practice! I suppose I could take a day off to rest. Too much activity isn't good for you. Too much of anything isn't good, actually.

Walking into my closet, I pulled out a pair of tight yoga pants and a grey hoodie jacket. After years of dance and exercise, I had grown accustomed to this kind of clothing. I was never one to care about fashion. I pretty much lived and breathed this type of stuff. Once I was fully dressed, I walked out and down the hall to the bathroom. It felt nice to wake up and get dressed at a leisurely pace, instead of rushing to get to work in time.

Water poured out of the sink faucet as I twisted the handle and I cupped my hands underneath to catch it. Bringing my hands up to my face, I felt the cool water lap at my skin before completely submerging my face. Finally, I pulled the cabinet to the right of the mirror open and took out my makeup bag. Even though I don't care much about appearance, makeup is a standard thing in every girls' bathroom. At least I don't cake it on like some girls do. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and placed it back inside the cabinet before going back to my room.