Falling Apart

As I approached my hotel room, something caught my eye. Stuck to the door at eye level was a bright, yellow sticky note. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I reached out to pull it off. Holding it as close to my face as possible, I tried to make out what the words on the paper were. In the darkness of the hallway, it seemed almost impossible to decipher the message on the paper. With a groan, I whipped out my key, unlocked the door, and lazily trudged inside.

Right now, all I wanted was to lie down and sleep. Today was eventful enough, and I needed some time to just get it all out of my system. However, when I finally placed the note under the light of a lamp, I knew my long awaited rest wouldn't come.

Hey, Jae. With the YG World Tour coming to a close, I think it's about time we sit down and formulate a real plan for our distraction scandal. Meet Jiyong and me on the roof of a specific apartment building tomorrow morning at six o'clock sharp. Don't be late. The directions to our meetup are on the back of the note. See you there!

- Chaelin

Flipping the note over, I found a set of directions just like Chaelin had said in the note. Judging by the information on the back, I could tell that the site for the meetup was only a few blocks away. That was a sensible location, I supposed. Not too far, not too close. Hopefully, no one would find us there. The last thing we needed were a horde of crazed fans chasing after us.

I kicked my pumps off my feet lazily, sending them flying through the air. Next came the dress, which I easily slid off of my body and flung onto a nearby chair. Throwing a huge, baggy shirt on over my head, I headed over to the bathroom. I braced myself for the blinding, white light as I flipped the light switch on. I draped an arm over my eyes as I adjusted to the light before relaxing once more.

As I prepared for bed-brushing my teeth, washing my makeup off, and other little things-my phone constant buzzed. No matter where I put it, the ratting sound of an incoming text on vibrate entered my field of hearing. Setting my bottle of makeup remover back onto the bathroom counter, I groaned and jogged over to my phone. I couldn't ignore it forever.

I wasn't surprised in the least when I found that it was a text from Seunghyun. I didn't take the time to read it because I knew exactly what he'd say. Whatever it was, it was something about another chance, an apology, or a misunderstanding. Or all three. But the thing was...I wasn't mad. In fact, I wasn't phased at all by his attempt to make yet another move on me at the restaurant. If it was anyone else, then yes, I would be a little shocked. But when it came to Seunghyun, there was something about him that made it...okay.

God, what was I thinking? I have a boyfriend! Shaking my head to rid myself of these conflicting thoughts, I ran my hands through my hair and sighed. All of this was still frying my brains out by the time I finally curled up in bed. I fidgeted under the sheets, despite how cozy and warm they were. It was like my thoughts were slowly possessing me and taking control of my body. Was that why I let Seunghyun go so far? Had I finally cracked the code? Was it really my mind and not I who was doing all this?

The childish side of me wanted to believe that it was actually my mind taking over my better judgement, but the reasonable side argued that I had complete control over myself. Was I making a choice or was my choice made for me? Either way, I was practically insane now. All it would take was one more move, and I'd break. The scales were tipping drastically, and every day, I felt myself leaning further and further away from Jiyong. What the hell was Seunghyun doing to me?

I gasped suddenly and clapped a hand over my mouth. Even though I hadn't actually spoken, I felt that if another thought like that came to, someone would hear me. Besides, thinking things like that was absurd. Or...or was it? The horrible idea that I no longer loved-