Getting to Know You

I slowly spooned my breakfast into my mouth, stopping here and there to curl my dark chocolate hair around my fingers. This morning was such a blur. I didn't bother to think about what kind of make up would go with my brown eyes or what I would wear today. I just put on whatever my hands reached first. I guess I was just really tired. I wished I could sleep in a little longer, but I had to get to YG Headquarters by 7 o'clock sharp. So I continued the struggle of keeping my eyes open. I just hope I won't be this tired during rehearsal. I hated embarrassing myself, especially in front of important people. This was business, and I wanted to keep it as professional as possible with limited mistakes. My daydreams instantly stopped dead cold as Jae-Sun walked in, still wearing some sweatpants and a an old, stained t-shirt from last night.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be heading off to work right about now?" he asked in a confused tone.

"What?" I said snapping out of my groggy state.

"Shouldn't you be leaving? It's...6:43," he repeated as he checked his watch.

My eyes widened and I shot up out of my seat. "Oh my god, it is?"

"Yes! You better hurry up or you'll be late!"

"Yeah, ok!" I said shoveling down the rest of my breakfast.

My brother grabbed my hand. "No time for that! Just go!"

I nodded as I swallowed my last bite and ran out the door.

"Good luck! I love you!" I heard my brother call out to me as I dashed down the hallway.

Through the hallway, down the elevator, and into my car. I dashed to the parking lot so fast that it seemed like a blur. I shoved the key into the car and twisted it. The minute the engine roared to life, I sped out into the street as I made my way to the studio. After 15 minutes of constant red lights and cursing, I arrived at my destination.

I hastily rushed up to the entrance of the studio and placed my finger to the scanner. Just like the President had said, a couple beeps sounded from the lock and the door slid open. I checked my phone to see that it was 5 minutes until 7! I was going to make it! I had to, or I would be embarrassed on the very first day of work! I pressed a button, which sent me to the floor with BigBang's practice room. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I slipped through and dashed down the hallway to the practice room. I slowed to a light jog as I neared the entrance and pushed the door open without hesitation this time.

The boys, once again, we're sitting waiting for me. "Ah, Jae Hwa! Right on time!" Seunghyun greeted me.

"Oh thank god!" I said panting.

"Oh come on," Youngbae said, patting me on the back, "Our choreographer can't be tired already."

He jumped back as I stood up straight. "Right, sorry. I ran up here." Next time, I couldn't arrive so close to 7. I didn't want to exhaust myself anymore than I had to. Saving that mental note, I shook my legs out, one at a time, and rolled my head on my neck.

"Ready?" I asked them. The other day, President had sent me the draft of their album, and I immediately started choreographing the first song. I had spent all day on it, and managed to finish one of them. After all, I was determined to do the best I could for them. This was as important to me as it was to them.

"Of course! We didn't wake up at 6 in the morning for nothing!" Jiyong replied with a smile.

Turning on the stereo, I gave them a small taste of how the dance would go. They stared at me as I moved to the music, and I wasn't quite sure what they thought of it. I didn't really care, either. As long as it wasn't bad, I was fine with anything. Finally, I turned back to face them and they applauded.