No More

Specks of light decorated the city below, but this time, unlike every other time I stared out at the mesmerizing view, the little specks were fuzzy and blurred together. Tears welled in my eyes, obscuring my vision. My body quivered as I slowly lifted a hand in front of my face. I could barely see my fingers clearly. Biting my lip, I held in a cry and shoved my face into my bedsheets. Turning away from the window, I flung myself down against the mattress and curled my body up into the fetal position.

The only thing running through my mind was the blur of events at the concert. One moment, I was sitting peacefully in my dressing room, the next, I was strewn on the concrete floor with only the sound of Jiyong's distant footsteps echoing in my ears. The images and sounds invaded my senses and tormented my mind, but I couldn't stop them. They just kept coming and coming and then repeating.

My entire system was fried. Every single nerve was shot, and I couldn't control a single muscle in my body. So, I just laid there on my bed like a lifeless dummy. I didn't know what would happen from now on. The chances of recovering from something like this weren't very high, and that was what scared me the most. I didn't want to lose Jiyong, but by the looks of it, I think I already did. My only hope was that there was something I could do to fix everything.

After a while, my mind managed to piece itself back together again. Now aware of my surroundings, I turned to find my phone lying facedown on the foot of my bed. I snatched it up quickly and selected Jiyong's contact to call him without hesitation. My heart pounded and my mind stared to race once again as I listened to the droning ring. After the fifth ring, my back started to slouch in defeat.

"Hey, this is Jiyong..."

My eyes shot open as I sat up straight once more. With a sense of urgency, I began to ramble. "Jiyong! Oh, I've been so worried about us, and I just need to talk-"

"...I can't get to the phone right now." The moment I heard that, my heart sunk. It was just a stupid voicemail. "Leave a message, and I'll-"

Suddenly, his sentence got cut off, and all I could hear was the sound of pounding footsteps. Then came a girlish giggle, and I could hear Jiyong in the background. "Yah, Jae! Give me my phone back!"

"Not in a million years!" That was me.

"I was recording a voicemail!" Jiyong whined.

Closing my eyes, I recreated the scene in my mind. I remembered that day. Jiyong had visited me in my hotel room back in Tokyo while the others were on the phone with the President, and he decided to mess around with his phone. Apparently, recording a new voicemail was part of that idea. I had been sitting on the far side of the room, and bored out of my mind, I decided to have a little fun.

"Well now I'll be famous for being on the great G-Dragon's voicemail," I had called back to him, a bubble of laughter escaping my mouth. My lips moved perfectly in sync with the words on the recording. It felt like this had all happened only yesterday.

"You'll have a better shot at fame, Jae," Jiyong sighed. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he wasn't completely annoyed. After a moment of silence, he chuckled and added, "unless you want to be a famous thief."

I could picture myself smirking. "You hear that caller? Dull Dragon, here, doesn't want to have any fun, so don't bother him right now. Yours truly, Jae the Thief."

With that, the phone beeped three times before shutting off. Letting out a long sigh, I tossed my phone back to the foot of the bed and rested my head in my hands. Without warning, my shoulders shook once more as hot tears poured out of my eyes. This time, it wasn't because I was confused or scared, but because I missed the old times. I missed the two of us goofing around like toddlers, and I missed being in his arms. All I wanted was the original us back without any secrets or doubts. And losing that terrified me. I didn't want to be alone again.