Top Scandal

The faint ringing of my phone grew clearer as I slowly pulled myself out of my sleepy haze. I raised my arms above my head and stretched out my body. The morning light filtered in through the blinds, and I struggled to keep my eyes open. I just wanted to go back to sleep. Suddenly, my phone stopped ringing, and the room went quiet. Leaning over to grab my phone, I realized the time was about half past 5. Who would be calling so early?

I was about to put my phone away when it rang again. Pulling it back towards me, I checked for the identity of the caller. The name on the screen read "Jiyong." Without hesitation, I accepted the call and raised the the phone to my ear.

"Jiyong, why are you calling me so early in the morning?" I asked sleepily.

"Jae, I don't have time to explain, but you've got to head over to the studio right now," Jiyong informed me. He rushed his words out, and there was a hint of panic in his voice. What could possibly have caused him to be so skittish?

"Huh? Why?" I drew my eyebrows together in concern, and pushed myself into a sitting position.

"I'll tell you when you get here. As I said, I don't have time right now. The sooner you get here the better, so hurry," he ordered me.

"What? Jiyong, I-"

Suddenly, my phone beeped rapidly. Pulling it away from my ear, I saw that he had hung up. For a second, I sat on the edge of my bed, my feet swinging back and forth as I thought with all the concentration I could muster. I didn't understand why he sounded so anxious. What was there to worry about? There was nothing I could think of that would make him so upset all of a sudden. Except...

The kiss.

Maybe he was upset that I had been so cold to him after he kissed me. I didn't even think about trying to keep myself under control. I was just so taken aback that I snapped at him without meaning to. Now he was probably worried that I would treat him differently. Of course, I still liked his company and his friendship, but if I kept lashing out when my feelings overtook me, I might end up losing him or someone else. So when I get there, I'll apologize to him. Simple as that. After that, I could only hope that everything would go back to the way it was.

I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a thick sweatshirt. It was now late November, and the weather was pretty cold. I wasn't quite prepared for the winter, since I didn't bring a lot of warm clothes. I didn't expect it to be so cold here. But that didn't matter to me. Skipping breakfast, and most of my morning routine, I rushed out of my room, hopping on one foot as I shoved the other into my one of my boots. As soon as I reached the door, I had one and a half of a boot on. I just speed-walked on my way to the car to avoid tripping over my right boot, which wasn't put completely on my foot. Even though I got some strange looks from a few people-I didn't blame them-, I just rushed to the parking lot.

Once I had reached the car and started it up, I strapped my boot on all the way and set a course for the YG building. The drive there wasn't too bad. The roads were almost empty, making it easy to drive without the worry of being late. All the sounds of the outside were muted, and I tried to remember the last time I had experienced such quiet. Whenever it had been, it had been a while ago. Most of my time in Korea was filled with the blaring music in the studio. But now, nothing but the faint sounds of the radio could be heard. Curious to what was going on, I reached forward and turned the volume up a bit.

"...and we're here to talk about all the latest news going around in Korea today."

That sounded interesting. I rarely listened to the radio since I had moved here. I didn't read the newspaper or watch the news on TV very often either. I guess it was just because I never thought of staying here so long. But with Jae-Sun's incident and my new job, I knew I was going to be here for a while. So this would be a good way to catch up on the hot topics here.