Love Can Be an Enigma...or Two Annoying Strippers

A blinding, white light streamed in through the blinds, making everything in the room glow. I groaned as the sunlight hit my when and buried them into my pillow. Twisting my body slightly, I lifted my hands up to my stomach. I felt around for Jiyong's hands only to find my own skin. Flipping over onto my other side, I found nothing but empty sheets. Shooting up in alarm, I scanned the room for any sign of him. To my surprise, all of my stuff was lying around. When did I get in my own room?

Sliding out of bed, I noticed that I was fully clothed. I wore a gray muscle tank and a pair of faded blue skinny jeans. I didn't even need to raise the clothing to my nose to know that it belonged to Jiyong. It had his familiar scent of cologne all over it. I didn't recall putting his clothes on. This whole situation was strange.

I began to search my room throughly for any clues to what was going on. It didn't take much effort or time to find a small note. It was a yellow sticky note placed on the dresser by all my makeup. The handwriting belonged to none other than Jiyong. Pulling the note off of the wooden surface, I examined the words he wrote.

Good morning, my love. Or at least I assume it'll be morning when you find this. If you're wondering why you're wearing my clothes in your own bed, it's because I dressed you and carried you here. I didn't want to alarm any security guards with footage of me carrying a half-naked girl, and if someone caught us sleeping together...well, you can imagine the rest. Anyways, enjoy the rest of your morning without having to go on another treasure hunt for a little note.

Love,
Jiyong

Pocketing the note, I let out a small smile. He was so kind, and I appreciated the extra measure he took to make sure that we weren't caught. Entering my walk-in closet, I decided to change into a different outfit. I didn't want anyone to get suspicious, like last time. The thought reminded me of how Youngbae mysteriously pointed out how I was wearing Jiyong's clothing before we took off from the studio. Did he, perhaps, know about our relationship? If he did, I trusted him not to tell anyone. He was reliable enough.

Once I was completely undressed, I folded his clothes and placed them in my suitcase. I could give those back to him later. Remembering his extensive wardrobe, I was sure he wouldn't miss them very much. I grabbed my phone off of the bedside table to check the time. The screen read 6:18. I had around 45 minutes to get ready. So, without delay, I stripped my underwear off and stepped into the shower. I usually took short showers, so when I got out, barely any time had passed. That bought me enough time to pick an outfit, get dressed, and do my makeup. As I completed each task, the clock continued to tick by. Soon, the minute hand struck 12, and it was officially 7 o'clock. By that time, I had everything packed and ready to go. I rolled my suitcase out into the hallway and surveyed the room one last time before shutting the door behind me.

As I walked briskly down the hallway, I thought about future concerts. The first was a great experience, and aside from the stage fright, it was pretty fun. I couldn't wait to board the plane for Osaka, our next tour destination. We'd only have a couple days to set up the stage before the second concert. Thinking about it made it seem so easy. In no time at all, I was preparing for the next concert. At this rate, the tour would go by a lot faster than I expected. But no matter what, I knew I'd enjoy every part of it.

~

"Would you like anything to drink, miss?" the flight attendant asked me.

I shook my head. "No thank you."

She nodded with a sickly sweet smile before moving on to the next row. Leaning back into my seat, I put my headphones over my ears and closed my eyes. A soft acoustic guitar started to strum into my ears, instantly setting a calming mood. I always took the window seat when on a plane, so occasionally, I'd crack open an eye to peek outside at the white, fluffy clouds around me. I always loved to gaze out at the world below, just to see how big it really was. There was so much to explore down there, and that was one of the reasons I loved traveling.