Nothing Left to Hide

My entire body tensed up as the vibration from my phone sliced through the silence. I moaned as I shifted my position so that my stomach was pressed to the mattress. Without even looking at my phone, I buried my face into my pillow to block out the noises around me. Since the moment I entered my room, I had been lying on my bed in pure silence. By now, the sun was just beginning to set, meaning that I had probably been laying here for a few hours. In that time, I got the opportunity to think. I thought about practically everything; about the tour and my future as a choreographer and...and about Jiyong.

I shivered at the thought of his name. We had become so distant it was like everything about him had become almost taboo. It seemed like ages ago that we were deeply in love. I remembered the night he kissed me at that party and how good it made me feel. I remembered the next morning when we made "him and I" an "us." Everything after that was still fresh in my mind, and it seemed crazy how much we loved each other. And now...

I didn't even want to think about now. Right now, everything was a mess. I was an emotional wreck, and who knows what Jiyong was thinking right now. Did he have any feelings of remorse or regret? Maybe he was sitting on his bed in silent misery just like me. Did he secretly miss me? Did he...miss us? Part of me hoped he did, but the other more realistic part wasn't so sure.

Suddenly, a loud, rapid knock caused me to turn my head in the direction of the door. That must be Youngbae. We had arranged for him to meet me in my room earlier today, and I guess he just decided to come now. Another knock came from the door, and I let out a sigh in response. Hopping off of my bed, I slipped on some more decent clothes before jogging over to the door.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming!" I called out. Pulling open the door, I came face to face with Youngbae, but I was surprised to see that Seungri and Daesung were with him as well. "Oh, hi, Youngbae, and...Youngbae's friends. Dae? Seungri? What are you doing here?"

"Tae invited us," Seungri answered, patting the singer on the shoulder.

Folding my arms, I narrowed my eyes at Youngbae, who held his hands up in surrender. "Youngbae," I scolded, "This was supposed to be between just you and I."

"I know, I know," he replied hastily, "but I just thought you could use the extra help."

"Do they know about this? Do they know about my..."

He nodded. "Yeah. At that point, Seungri and Daesung were the only ones who were in the dark about you and Jiyong."

"We knew something was up, and eventually, we got Jiyong to talk," Daesung added on to Youngbae's explanation. Raising his eyebrows, he shook his head and said, "and boy, did he talk."

I bit my lip and looked down at my feet. Suddenly, I felt a comforting hand touch my shoulder, and I looked up to see Youngbae. "Don't worry, Jae. We're here to help you."

Sighing, I pressed the palm of my hand to my forehead. I shook my head slowly before saying, "Whatever. What's done is done. All of you, make yourself comfortable." The moment I stepped to the side, the three boys filed inside. I brought up the rear after closing the door and took a seat on the bed along with the others.

"So, let's get this started," I announced. Turning to Youngbae, I asked, "What's your big idea?"

"My big idea? Well..." Youngbae itched at the back of his neck and stared up at the ceiling innocently.

"Youngbae," I groaned, "Please don't tell me you don't have a plan."

"I-I said I could help you, but I never said..." He sighed, giving up any efforts to defend himself and said, "Alright, fine. I don't have any ideas. Yet. I thought we could come up with something here."