How Could You? But More Importantly How Could I?

Tonight was the night. We had been preparing for this for a couple months now, and the day had finally come. Everyone was sitting in slight discomfort. Tension filled every space possible in the tight dressing room. BigBang hadn't had a comeback in a long while. But tonight would change that. Tonight was the 1st broadcast, where their long hard work would be seen by the public. They've never been so on edge before.

"You guys excited?" My voice broke the silence. Maybe some talking would ease their nerves.

"Yeah," Youngbae replied.

"Good. You should be," I said.

No response. I think I'm just making this more awkward. As I headed out the door, a camera crew burst through the door. Quickly, I dodged the giant equipment and pressed myself against the wall as they filtered in. Immediately, they separated to interview each member. I stood back to watch as they explained their feelings about the broadcast and their preparation for it. They all were laughing and talking with enthusiasm. It must be to please their fans. Suddenly, Jiyong called out to me.

"Jae, come over here!" He waved me over. Did he expect me to be on camera? I hated to draw attention to myself, but I couldn't just refuse in front of an audience of millions of people. So I weaves through the crowded room as I made my way over to him.

"This is our choreographer, Yoo Jae Hwa," he introduced me as he pulled me into the shot.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I said bowing my head to the audience.

"We've been so grateful to have her as our choreographer. She's an amazing dancer," he informed the viewers. Looking at me, he asked, "Jae, how do you feel about this concert?"

"Um, I think that you guys will make me proud. You've worked very hard, and I've seen you pull a great performance off many times before. Fighting!" I answered.

"You'll be watching us, won't you?"

"Of course!" I threw my hands up in the air for a moment. "I didn't work you guys to the bone just to sit back and eat catered food all night!"

"It's good to hear that you chose us over catering," he replied. I flicked his forehead playfully and he let out a hearty laugh. He was referring to earlier when I had been pigging out by the catered food. I hadn't eaten since this morning, so I was starving!

"Oh come on, you guys," Seungri walked up to us with a mischievous grin. "Stop fighting like a married couple!"

"Aish, Seungri, it's not like that!" Jiyong defended, swatting a hand at the maknae.

"It is! I can tell!" He laughed as he dodged Jiyong's attacks.

"If anything, you two are fighting like a married couple," I remarked. "The show's going to start soon, so stop fooling around." I shot a glance at Seungri. He just comically bowed to us.

"Yes, ma'am." His Korean accent overtook the English words.

The cameras followed Seungri as he walked away. Finally, we were off camera. I had acted friendly, but all wanted was to hide myself in a hole. It was too stressful. How did they do it? How did they ever get used to all these cameras following them?

"Jiyong, was Seungri acting?" I asked. Just earlier, the room was dead silent, and now everyone was talking happily and joking around. It seemed strange?

"No, he's like that off camera as well. But, he does exaggerate just a little on camera," he admitted. "He loves to please the fans."

I sighed and leaned against the makeup table. "That sounds like it's too much pressure. Trying so hard to please people by being funny all the time or trying to portray a certain image isn't healthy."