Trouble at Rehearsal

I clapped loudly and cheered the artists on as they exited the stage. 2NE1 was the only group still on stage, since they were the first to perform. I watched as they filed by, one by one. The opening performance for the concert had just finished, and I was patiently waiting offstage for BigBang. We were in the middle of a rehearsal, and so far, it was going pretty well.

As the boys passed by, I waved and tossed them bottled water. "Good job, boys! Keep it up!"

Seungri was the first to catch a water bottle and immediately took a sip from it. Jogging up to me, he plopped himself down on the couch and rested his head on my lap. Beads of sweat slid through his hair and hung on the tips. His face wasn't exactly flushed, but I could tell he was winded from running through that performance so many times. Patting his forehead, I said, "Words of wisdom, Ri, take a towel."

He stretched his arms above his head and looked up at me with a smirk. "Your lap is my towel."

"Not anymore," I said, rolling my eyes. Standing up, I watched as he flipped onto his face, his shout of surprise cut off by the cushions. I giggled as he pushed himself up to look at me.

"Yah! Jae, come on!" he cried, swatting a hand at my calf.

Before he could grab me, I jumped back, dashing behind the table to create a barrier between us. But he wasn't a quitter. He immediately pursued and we were thrown into a wild goose chase. I pushed past staff members and backup dancers as we ran by dressing rooms and down narrow halls. As I turned yet another corner, my foot slipped a bit on the slick tile floor. My balance suddenly pitched over and I slammed into a person. With an loud "oomph," the two of us hit the wall.

"Jae?" A pair of hands grabbed my shoulder, pushing me upright. My eyes trailed up from the hands to the arms and finally a head and face.

"Jiyong?" Seungri exclaimed in surprise.

The leader looked past me and glared at the maknae. "Why are you messing around? We have a concert to rehearse for, you know."

"I know," he replied.

"Then go finish your water, get some rest, and get ready for our performance. We're on after 2NE1, alright?" he ordered.

Seungri nodded, and with a small nod, he said, "Got it. I'll catch you later, Jae."

"Right," I called as he jogged off down the hallway we came from. Then, spinning around to face Jiyong, I slapped a hand on his chest and asked, "What's up with you, Ji? He didn't do anything wrong!"

He shrugged. "He was fooling around, so I simply set him straight. That's what happen when you get out of line. There are times where we can mess around, but right now, we're on a tight schedule and we can't afford to have everyone going crazy."

Folding my arms, I raised an eyebrow and said, "I'm sensing that you're not telling the truth. Spill it."

"What? I've got nothing to hide."

"Come on, Ji, I know you aren't that much of a control freak. And I know you're hiding something. If we're going to have a stable relationship, we can't keep secrets like this," I sighed in exasperation.

Suddenly, his gaze skirted the area quickly before looking down at me. Biting his lip, he said, "Fine. I don't like seeing you angry anymore than you do yourself."

"So?"

"Truth is, I just want to protect you," he admitted.

"Protect me?" I asked, "From what?"

"From other guys," he explained, "You know. Seunghyun, Seungri..."

"Oh, come on! They've got no part in this!" I argued.