On the Road to Fame

Yet another cameraman hurried by, on the hunt for the boys. It was the third one that had passed me by, and it was starting to get on my nerves. One had even asked me where their room was! Of course, I lied and told them that I didn't know. I'm sure they group didn't need the publicity at the moment. Cameras were so invasive sometimes. How were they let in the backstage area anyways? Couldn't they just wait for a better time? It wasn't like there was an interesting story to scoop up and feed to the public. It was just another one of BigBang's appearances on a variety show. Nothing new. But the media loved to scrape celebrities clean of their privacy just to get some footage. I had learned that in no time.

Just then, a young girl rushed by with a backstage pass hanging from a cord around her neck. She wore blue jeans and a cream colored jacket with a hair pin pulling her bangs back. In her hands, she held a clipboard with a blank sheet of paper on it. She seemed too young to be working here, or to have any job at all. In fact, she looked like a high school student. I watched her head down the hallway before stopping and turning around again.

Jogging up to me she asked, "Are you...Yoo Jae Hwa?"

My mouth hung open slightly. How did she know my name?

"Y-yes," I answered, to her delight.

"Omo! I knew I recognized you from somewhere! You were in BigBang's music video! The one that was released a couple weeks ago! And you're their choreographer, right? " she squealed, "Will you sign this please?"

She held out the clipboard to me and I took it from her. A pen was attached to the clip by a string of yarn and I picked it up, my hand poised to write. As soon as the point touched the paper, she stopped me.

"My name is Han Min Ju," she blurted, "You don't mind writing that, right?"

I gave her a bright smile. "Of course not."

I scribbled down a little autograph before handing the clipboard over to her. She examined it with a huge grin. It read:

Han Min Ju,

Thanks for being my first autograph recipient and supporter.

Yoo Jae Hwa

"I'm your first supporter?" she asked with a shocked expression.

I nodded and her face brightened. "Omo! You need more recognition!"

"Oh no, I'm fine," I told her, waving a hand.

"No really! I have to tell everyone about you!" she cried with determination. And before I had a chance to stop her, she had already dashed away down the hallway. I stared after her in disbelief. Did I have a fan? It seemed unbelievable. Why should I have a fan? It was the boys that deserved the attention. They wrote the song, and I just taught them a dance. Once again, I was alone in the hallway. I sat there for a while and stared at the floor, mesmerized by the cracks in the concrete. My back began to slouch and I relaxed against the wall. I wouldn't mind taking a quick nap.

"Yoo Jae Hwa?"

I bolted upright as a young woman with an earpiece tapped my shoulder. "The show is about to start. Do you want to head down to watch for a bit?"

"Will I have to wait long until I'm on?" I asked.

"Not long, no," she confirmed.

Combing my fingers though my hair, I decided that there was no point in going back to the waiting room if I was going to be called onstage soon. "Um...sure, why not," I replied.

I stood up and followed the woman down a series of hallways. Almost instantly, I became grateful to this woman. Without her, I would be just as lost as those cameramen. Sure I knew where BigBang was waiting, but that was pretty much it. Soon, we made it to a wide, open area where I could see tan curtains lead out onto the stage. That's where the show will take place. As I neared the entrance, I could start to hear voices.