Nothing But the Truth

I threw myself down onto the couch after a long walk to the staff lounge. Nothing in my mind was making sense at the moment. First it was Jae-Sun telling me to trust in my own heart, not the advice of others. Now it was Seunghyun telling me to trust him that I was in love with Jiyong. I didn't know who to believe, or where to turn. I needed some sort of guiding light, some big arrow pointing me in the direction. But instead, I was alone.

"Miss Jae Hwa?"

"Hmm?" I looked up to see a wide-eyed, young man shyly standing before me. "What is it?"

"It's time. The distraction scandal is all set up," he explained, "Are you going to come watch?"

I nodded with a sigh and slowly rose to my feet. "Might as well."

With a quick bow, he led me out of the room and right into the next, where everything seemed a little staged and a little messy at the same time. People were casually chatting all throughout the room, and in the center of it all, I could see Chaelin standing quietly. Squinting to get a better look, I noticed that she was alone, and her brow was creased with concern.

Jogging up to her, I called for her attention and asked, "Chaelin, where's Jiyong?"

"I have no clue," she answered with a frustrated groan. Tapping her foot anxiously, she scanned the room and muttered, "That idiot better be here soon. Otherwise, he'll ruin the entire plan."

"Do you know if he was planning to go anywhere beforehand?" I asked, to which she shook her head.

"If I did, I'd be running there right now to drag him over here," she explained.

Turning to the door, I said, "I think I should go look for him."

"Fine by me," Chaelin said, "but don't tire yourself out. There're a lot of places he could be, and I don't want you to get exhausted before the concert even starts."

"I promise I'll be fine," I reassured her. With that being said, I spun around on my heels and dashed out the door.

The first place that came to mind was the basement area. It was there that I had witnessed him fighting and arguing with Seunghyun. That was the place he broke up with me, I thought bitterly. Racing down flight after flight of stairs, I finally arrived on the lowest level, only to find loads of empty boxes and unused props. Turning back around, I made my way back to ground level.

After that was his dressing room. It could just be that he had been so absorbed in looking good for his final concert that he forgot about the entire distraction scandal. But when I knocked on his door several times and heard no sounds or movements, I knew he couldn't be there.

Tired of running around, I stopped by the performers' lounge to ask around for any information. I asked multiple backup dancers, singers, guitarists, and even some artists, but no one had a clue. I was just about to head back to the staff lounge when a hand gripped my shoulder. Twirling around, I found Daesung standing behind me.

"Jae!" he exclaimed, "I was just talking about you!"

"That's great and all, Dae, but I really have to go. You see-"

"Aw, come on," he pleaded. Motioning to the couch where Seungri was sitting absorbed in his phone, he begged, "Just sit with us for a moment!"

Before I could protest, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couch. I fell back onto the soft cushions with a plop and watched as he did the same. Seungri, who was now looking up from the bright screen, smiled when he noticed me and waved. "Ah, Jae! So nice of you to join us. You know, we were just-"

"You were just talking about me. I know." Addressing the two of them together, I asked, "Have either of you boys seen Jiyong recently?"

"No," Daesung answered, "Well, I mean, we haven't seen him since-"