Yet Another Long Night

Pushing the door to BigBang's recording room open, I found them huddled around a computer. I didn't even need to look around to know where to go. I had seen this room plenty of times on TV. Heading over to the couch, I set my bag down before joining the others. At the sound of the door clicking shut, the five boys all turned to see me approaching them.

"Annyeong, Jae," Jiyong welcomed me, "You've finally come."

"Yeah. Here I am," I said gesturing to my whole self, "Now what's the problem."

I leaned in to get a better look at the computer. Audio tracks filled the screen, and I didn't seem to find a problem. All the tracks were in the same place as I last saw them too.

"I don't see anything wrong."

"I know," Jiyong said, "It looks the same as the original song. Well, it is."

"Then why do you need me so badly?" I asked.

"In a couple months, we're going to have a couple big concerts in multiple cities in South Korea and Japan. We need to remix the songs for the show, but we've been stuck on a few parts. Usually we've been able to get past something like this, but right now we're completely stumped. So when I remembered your audition video and how you edited it, I thought you could help us," he explained.

Looking one last time at the computer, I turned to them. "I think I know what to do."

They parted for me to pass through to the computer. I immediately recognized the song just by the placement of the tracks. I had worked with this song while creating the choreography, so I knew all of its components. Now I just had to replace the sections he was talking about with new remixed parts. I understood what he meant when he said it was tough to mix it. There weren't a lot of things you could do to it, but I had to get it done.

"This is going to take a while, so just sit back and relax," I said to the boys.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Jiyong asked.

"No, I'm fine," I replied, shaking my head.

"Okay, I'll leave you to it," he said after a slight pause.

Picking one of the parts of the song Jiyong mentioned, I began to start working. I rearranged some of the tracks after a long time of pondering over which worked the best. Soon, I had mixed about a 15 second section of the song, and honestly, I was proud of myself. But that was only the beginning. It had taken me almost 30 minutes to just work out that short, little section, and that was after a lot of trial and error. Who knew if I'd be able to finish the rest before the night was over?

"How's it going?"

I flinched as a hand touched my shoulder. His distinguishable, deep voice made it an easy task to identify who it was. Seunghyun had been checking up on me constantly, always asking me if I needed any sort of help. But I turned him down every time.

"It's going pretty good. I've been targeting a specific section, and I think I've finally finished it," I announced. The others suddenly shot up after I spoke.

"Do you need any-" he started.

"No, Seunghyun, I don't need any help," I snapped. This wasn't exactly an easy task and when the fate of their music is in your hands, it's not like I was in a carefree mood. There was a lot resting my shoulders at the moment. Softening my voice, I said, "Excuse me. That was totally out of nowhere."

But I couldn't lie to myself. Part of my behavior had nothing to do with the pressure. I was still hung up on his actions that night. But the more time I've had to think about it, the more I began to forgive him. It was possible that he was just a little hyped up and wasn't thinking. He was honestly a good person, and sooner or later, I had to accept his apology. By now, he didn't seem to care about my out-of-character statements and silently forgave me.