Modeling Doesn't Come Easy

Ever since the President had given me that camera, I decided to film as much of my life as I allowed. At first, I was wary of exposing my private life to the world, but in the three weeks that I had been filming, I had grown comfortable with sharing my life. And thanks to the President's idea, I was gaining fans quickly. But the hate was still stronger than ever. At least I had strong support to back me up. With only two days until the world tour began, I was glad that things were getting better for me. I would need all the help I could get to stay strong and determined for each performance.

As I drove through Seoul, I couldn't help but hold in my chipper mood. I was feeling alive and ready to take on the world. The upbeat song playing on the radio helped a lot. Soon, I was pulling into the parking lot in front of the YG building. Still humming the song, I stepped out of the car and headed towards the front door with a skip in my step. I was about to enter when a man in his late thirties approached me.

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Dak Ho. I'm a photographer for Singles magazine. I'm here to escort you to a photo shoot," he greeted me. He held out his ID tag, which hung from a fabric strap around his neck.

As I finished examining the tag, I shrugged and said, "You must have the wrong person. I'm not a model."

I pushed passed him and continued to walk towards the studio entrance. How could he mistake me for a model? I was hardly the type. I had a terrible sense of fashion and an even worse image. I couldn't possibly be suitable for that kind of work. Sure I was tall and thin, but I had no experience in modeling. Besides, I had to be offered a contract first.

My finger hovered over the scanner, only to freeze as the man spoke again. "My boss got a call from the CEO of YG asking for me to escort a woman named Yoo Jae Hwa."

I whipped around to look at him. He widened his eyes innocently and gave me a genuine look. No matter how convincing he appeared, I couldn't seem to believe it. "But I'm..." I trailed off. What was the President trying to get me into?

"...Yoo Jae Hwa?" he asked, completing my sentence. I nodded hesitantly, and he gave me a warm smile. Extending a hand, he said, "My van is just over there. Just come with me, and we can head over there just in time for the shoot." He raised his other hand to point at a white van a few rows down.

Pressing my lips together, my hand twitched a bit. I wasn't sure whether I trusted him. What if he wasn't who he said he was? I mean, there are tons of people out there bold enough to do crazy things for money. His ID seemed legitimate to me.

Narrowing my eyes, I asked, "How do I know you're not bluffing?"

I eyed him as seriously as possible, but he didn't seem to notice. Instead, he let his body hang loosely as he tilted his head back and let out a hysterical laugh. Wiping a tear of mirth out of his eye, he said, "Oh, please. What makes you think I would kidnap you?"

I shrugged, not showing any signs that I might be swayed by his apparent friendliness. I folded my arms and shrugged. "Just a hunch."

"Well I assure you, Miss Yoo Jae Hwa, you're in no danger. All I ask is for you to get in the van so I can take you to the shoot," he said with ease. Looking over his shoulder at the van once more, I thought it over for a moment. Once I had my answer, I forced myself not to go back on it. Taking his hand in mine, I shook it, and together, we walked over to the van.

Once we had settled in, he revved up the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. I reclined in my seat and gazed out the window. We drove in silence for a while, and I found myself traveling down a part of town I had never explored before. The buildings were taller than usual and the overall area appeared more luxurious. Even the people looked different, less casual and more refined. Suddenly, the sound of music steadily growing louder beside me caused my eyes to snap to the radio. It was one of BigBang's newest songs. Hearing it made me feel proud of all the work they had done just to make their fans happy. And the fact that I had a part in it, no matter how small, made my heart sing.