7. Cat Lover

No chat from Toda. Not since that day.

Ryan stares his phone for a while. They usually chat. Mostly him. Toda would only give him short replies like okay, I know. Or I see.

Ryan sighs.

Still no progress with Shane Moss. Hard to melt his heart. He is totally smitten with Chad.

Their one month agreement is almost over. Thirteen dates. Shane keeps acting polite to him. No flirting. No lust shown in his eyes. It's like a prefect big brother.

It got boring. As if he is forcing his feelings to him.

A flock of Omegas are gathering around someone in Campus. Ryan got interested. Maybe a cool handsome Alpha has shown up.

Ryan is still dreaming to find his prince charming one day.

He is shocked to see the handsome tall Alpha in front of him.

It's Toda. Yet, it isn't him anymore. His large birthmark near his eye has disappeared. He finally have gone through laser birthmark removal treatment.

Toda hesitates for years because the location is too near his eye.

New hairstyle. No more birthmark.

Many Omegas are flocking around him. Usually Toda would ignore all of them. Today he smiles to them.

Ryan grits his teeth. Toda is his special someone. He only acts nice to him. Now he is nice to everyone around him.

He grabs Toda's hand and orders, "Let's talk. Not here."

Toda releases his hand from him.

He smiles politely, "We have nothing to talk. I'm busy."

For the first time in years, Toda has no time for him.

Ryan feels bitter in his heart. It's like he is totally alone for the first time.

Toda ignores him for the whole day. He doesn't send any chat or even the  usual greeting.

Ryan decides to ignore him too.

*****

Shane is working in the Cafe as usual.

A waitress sniffs the fragrant smell from the kitchen.

She comments, "Wish I could be a great chef like Mark."

Shane's body becomes hot. He closes his eyes and lies his back against a wall behind him.

He has realized it must be a wish granted again. He doesn't understand why it happened to him.

The wishes are randomly granted.

A great chef. I don't really need this skill. It isn't like I'm going to open my rest or something. Why the granted wish was always random?

Suddenly there is a commotion from the kitchen. Sounds of breaking glasses and etc.

Shane rushes to the kitchen. Mark, the angry chef is trying to hit a cat with a broom. Ending up destroying everything in his kitchen.

A whistle and a cat stares at Shawn. He is holding a sausage in a hand. He waves it to the stray cat.

"Hey, cutie! You want this? Come and get it!"

Shane manages to lure the cat out of the kitchen, back to the back alley. Someone has forgotten to close the door after thrown trash.

He squats and gives the promised sausage to the cat.

The stray cat sniffs the sausage with full suspicion. Before it finally eats the free treat.