17. Breaking Up

A kiss to his forehead before he leaves the bedroom.

Chad opens his eyes the minute Shane leaves. He reaches for his phone and stares at the date.

Today is the day of their break up in the previous world. Shane never gave him a strong reason why they broke up that day.

Shane stares his phone. Last night he has urged his mom not to take bus to his grandparents home. He even transferred money. Ordered her to take a cab.

He is worried mom won't listen to hin

Shane hails a cab and gets into it. He is surprised when Chad enters the cab too.

He asks, "Are you coming with me?"

"Yes."

Chad is still wearing his cute stripes with yellow duckling pajamas. He looks half asleep.

Shane kisses his lips before pushing him out of the taxi gently.

He orders, "Be a good boy and wait for me at home. I'll be back for dinnertime."

The taxi has left. Chad stares it until it's gone, out of his sight.

He wonders if Shane would break up with him the minute he got back. It has been seven months they got together.

Unlike the past, their present love life is just great. Not too much quarrels.

Shane keeps one eye closed for Chad's sloppiness at home. Like when he forgot to throw away trash when the bin is full. Or leaving snack wrappers on table after eating.

Chad tries to control his emotions so he won't use harsh words to talk back to him. It's hard because he is impulsive type.

In short, they have tried their best to make this relationship works.

"Shane, are you going to leave me again?"

It's still quite early so Chad decides to sleep a bit more.

Shane stares to his phone again and again. There is a bit of traffic jam. He hopes he isn't late.

I can't wait anymore. They might be gone when I got there.

Shane pays the taxi and leaves it. He starts to running as fast as he could. He is panting out of breath when he finally reaches a bus stop.

His mom and Suzie are waiting for bus at the moment.

Shane protests, "I told you to take taxi to grandpa's home."

"Too expensive. We should save money."

The bus is coming. Mom tries to get into it. Shane stops her. He lifts her up and carries her away with force.

"Hey! Let me down! Are you insane? Shane!"

The bus leaves without them.

Shane finally puts her down. His mom is going berserk. Her son has humiliated her in public.

"You are grounded! Young man, don't think you could get away with this!"

Shane holds his stomach and he kneels down. His face looks like he's in pain.

"Shane! Shane! What's wrong?"

His mom has lost all her fierceness. She is dead worried for him.

"Nothing, mom. Just hungry..."

"Well, let's eat first."

They go back home. Mom takes out some leftover dumplings from the fridge to heat them up.