12. First Time

Yawning loudly again.

Shane looks extremely tired.

Chad is disappointed. He has been hoping for their first date to be a special one. It's Shane who asked him for a date. The guy looks beaten. As if he had too many rounds of sex.

Chad shakes his head. He has vowed to make their relationship work this time. No more suspicion. No more wild guesses. Just ask.

He asks, "Why you look so tired?"

Shane yawns loudly again. He wipes his eyes to keep awake.

He apologizes, "Sorry, guess I overestimated my strength as an Alpha. Too much working."

"Your waiter job is too tiring?"

"No. I renovated my new home. Thought I'd do it myself and save money."

"New home?"

Shane smirks.

He asks, "Do you wanna come? It isn't done yet. Still look awful right now."

They walk back to the car and Shane gives him directions to his new home.

It's a dilapidated house.

Chad is staring it without interest.

Shane doesn't seem downhearted. He has seen worst houses than this one. In his imagination, he could imagine his future home.

The roof leaking has been fixed. He has a builder to check the foundation. It's still solid.

Just need to fix the moldy wall. Apply new coat of paint. A brand new home.

Chad says, "I'll leave first. Go and get some rest."

"Okay. Sorry for ruined our first date. I'll buy a grinder machine to speed up things."

Chad stares used sand papers scattered on the ground. Shane must have used up a lot of strength to fix these walls.

Shane collapses to a simple futon after Chad has left. He drifts asleep to dreamland in just few minutes.

*****

"Shane Moss!"

Shane got awakened when a lecturer slams a thick textbook to his head.

He is too tired and falls a sleep on classroom.

The lecturer is known as a strict teacher and full of vengeance.

He orders, "Go out if you're only going to sleep in my class."

"Sorry, Sir. It won't happen again."

"Leave this class. Write about architecture in middle age as punishment."

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry again."

Shane grabs his bag and leaves the classroom.

The lecturer asks after Shane has left the class, "Anyone stupid just stand up."

Toda suddenly rises to his feet.

The lecturer is shocked.

Toda is one of brightest student in his class.

The lecturer asks, "Why are you standing?"

"Sir, I don't want you to stand up alone."

The lecturer's face turns bright red due anger. He walks to his chair and sits down. Toda sits down too.

The students are smiling. None dares to laugh out loud.

The lecturer gives them tough assignments as vengeance methods.