7. First Love

Tears fall from his cheeks like rain.

Ling Wen immediately wipes them away. The sad feelings belong to the original owner. Not him.

General Zhao Yun is nothing but a stranger for him.

For the original host, he was his childhood sweetheart. They're engaged. Going to get married. When Wen got pregnant.

His memories weren't clear about what happened that day. Everything blurred.

A handsome general is riding his horse into the capital city. His men are walking behind him. Forming a line. They are celebrating victory after winning the war and eliminated barbarian's threat.

(Zhao Yun)

(Zhao Yun)

The general looks at his direction and seems startled.

Ling Wen immediately carries his son and leaves that place.

A soldier calls, "General, what happened?"

"Nothing. I've seen a ghost. He's dead. Can't be him."

The soldiers keeps marching to the barrack in fine line.

Ling Wen walks into an alley and cries bitterly. It isn't his feeling. This is residual feeling pent up by the original owner.

"Daddy, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Nothing. Just saw an old friend. That's all."

Wen bites his lips and wipes his tears away. He has scared the boy.

I know you loved that guy very much. The other Wen, you have no fate with him. Please rest in peace.  I promise to take care your son.

Maybe he heard his prayer. The sad feeling gradually dissipated.

Ling Wen holds his son's hand. He forces a smile for him.

He says, "I will cook something nice when we got home. Okay?"

"Don't be sad, Daddy. I will never leave you."

"Thank you. Xiao Bao is the best."

Da Niu is walking behind them. He is carrying their groceries.

Ling Wen said he could cook.

Yu Fei gave him some money and asked him to buy some food ingredients.

Da Niu doesn't know what charm the ger has cast on his Master. It's the first time he asked someone to cook for him.

Yu Fei grew up in battlefield. He is no picky eater.

Ling Wen passes the backyard when they are heading for the kitchen. Sugar canes are growing well. Hopefully he could harvest them soon.

People in this era are using honey as sugar. Salt is expensive. Oil is expensive because it was made from lards. Cooking is simply boiled or grilled. Not too tasty.