11. Thief

Ling Wen and Xiao Bao have just come back from delivering fillings for buns. They see their items are being thrown out of the bedroom.

A pretty maid is ordering some guards to toss away their belongings.

Wen asks, "What's going on here?"

"You are a thief! You have been using ingredients from our kitchen to make buns!"

"Nonsense! I bought my own ingredients!"

"A thief won't confess easily. Beat him up!"

Two guards are holding clubs.

Xiao Bao rushes to stand in front of his Daddy. He punches down a guard by aiming at his crotch. The guard collapses on the floor, groaning like a slaughtered pig.

The boy snatches the club from the ground. He barely able to lift it up. He's still too small to defend his Daddy.

Wen shields Xiao Bao when the club got swinged down.

Diao Chan, the pretty maid smiles brightly. She was sent here to be Yu Fei's concubine. The brute demoted her to become a maid. He never touched her. Making her losing face in this mansion.

She is going to kill this ger for flirting Yu Fei.

The club got kicked away. A shadow passed quickly like a gale.

The guards got scared silly.

Diao Chan promises them money for bullying a young ger. His position only a chef helper. That's why they agreed to her request. No one could reject to help a pretty woman.

A voice says, "Master shall be here soon. Let him deal with this matter."

A shadow guard never interferes with affairs in the mansion.

Diao Chan says arrogantly, "The dowager Queen sent me here to keep order. This ger is a thief. Don't let his pretty looks fooled you, Shadow Guard."

Ling Wen's eyes brightened. He has heard about them in movies. Not everyone could maintain these loyal guards.

He pleads, "Mister, please bring justice for me. I made the buns using my own money."

The guards look at each others. Not knowing what to do.

Diao Chan orders, "Beat him up. I'll double the pay."

The guards are going to beat the ger and his son.

Thirteen has to fight them all. He is the strongest one in Shadow Guard rank. It's easy to beat them all.

Diao Chan yells, "Stupid Shadow Guard! Did you sleep with him? Did he enchanted you too?"

Thirteen is speechless. He can't say his special assignment is to protect them.

Ling Wen rises back to his feet. He has been labelled a thief. The innocent shadow guard even got scolded for helping them.

He yells, "You wretch! How dare you accuse people? A pretty woman with a black heart. You must be a demon fox!"

"You!"

Diao Chan slaps Ling Wen hard. The ger slaps her back harder.

She screams angrily, "You see that! He bullied me! I was sent by the Dowager Queen!"

Ling Wen rolls up his sleeves. Ready to fight back. If he showed weakness here, their life won't be easy. People look down on the weaklings.

He taunts, "Bring it on! Don't think you could bully me!"