26. Clues To The Past

Three weeks bed ridden.

Ling Wen is bored to death. Finally Yu Fei allows him to leave the bedroom.

 Finally Yu Fei allows him to leave the bedroom

"You are still weak. Hold my hand. Let's walk together."

Ling Wen nods his head and accepts it.

His active bunny immediately goes to marketplace. Xiao Bao and a maid follow Ling Wen and Yu Fei.

As usual, five shadow guards are lurking among them. Pretending to be passers-by.

The maid grabs Xiao Bao. She makes a gesture to few points. Indicating where the Shadow Guards mingled with commoners.

Xiao Bao looks puzzled.

She warns, "We are being followed. Be careful."

"I must protect Daddy."

Xiao Bao squeezes between Ling Wen and Yu Fei. The general is unhappy. His face turns several degress colder.  He was holding hands with Wen when suddenly a third wheel appears.

Ling Wen is busy checking perfumes for male. He needs to make a soap with new scent.

Musk. Woody smell. Fit for a man.

Unfortunately he has no idea how to create such scent. After all he is just a regular office worker in his previous life.

The marketplace is super crowded today. Xiao Bao is too small. He would be squeezed in the crowds. Yu Fei lifts him up without being asked.

A man stops walking when he is passing them.

Su Yang greets, "Yo, cousin! Since when you got a son?"

Ling Wen is still busy checking perfumes. He doesn't hear their conversation.

Xiao Bao protests, "Not his son."

Su Yang tilts his head. Yu Fei and the boy have same sword eyebrows. Their eyes look similiar although the boy got bigger eyes. Almost seventy to eighty percent resemblances.

He mocks, "You two are blood related. I'm willing to bet my number one scholar title for it."

"He isn't my father," complaints Xiao Bao.

The boy struggles and Yu Fei has to release him. Xiao Bao runs toward Ling Wen.

Su Yang presses his fan to his lips. Deep mode thinking. That boy really looks like Yu Fei.

He glances at his cousin.

As a scholar, he got great memories. Something happened many years ago.

Su Yang shakes his head. The details evade him. He must go home and search old diaries. Maybe there is a clue somewhere.

Yu Fei bought several bottles of men perfumes despite Ling Wen's protests. It's better than letting him sniffing the samples in the store.

"For you," says Yu Fei.