12. Matchmakers

Xu Yan calls, "Ling Wen, you are still young and attractive. Won't you get married again?"

"I already have a son."

"That's why you should remarry. It isn't easy to raise a kid alone."

"Hmm... I'll think about it."

Wen feels impolite to refuse directly so he gives an ambiguous reply. Not knowing the old ger thought he has agreed.

The next time he goes to the food stall again, three men have been waiting for him.

The first one is a widower with a baby ger. His wife died delivering the ger. He wants to find someone to look after the house and his baby.

Wen shakes his head and apologizes, "I'm sorry..."

The forty two years old man sighs. He knows this pretty ger is too young for him. He just tried his luck. That's all.

The second one is a young merchant. He wants to have a diligent wife to help him in the store.

Wen feels goosebumps when the man won't stop holding his hand. The lust written in his face scared him a lot. Almost like that pervert hunter who wanted to rape him.

He takes a step back and hits a man standing behind him.

Wen turns around. He smiles brightly.

"Da Niu. I haven't seen you for a while," greets him.

The third suitor turns out to be Da Niu, his friend.

The soldier grabs his hand and leads him out of there.

Da Niu says, "Old Xu, I'm taking him home."

"Sure. You two are perfect match."

Da Niu prays that his Master won't hear this statement. He still wants to live.

Wen and his son have to leave because Da Niu won't release his hand.

They finally stop holding hands when they already got into the mansion.

Da Niu notices the red marks on his hand.

(Da Niu)

(Da Niu)

He rubs his head and apologizes, "Sorry. I didn't mean to squeeze so hard."

"It's fine. It doesn't hurt that much."

Da Niu asks, "Are you looking for a husband?"

"Oh, it's just Xu Yan's idea. I didn't agree to it."

"Good. Master would go berserk."

Question marks are shown in Wen's eyes.

Da Niu asks, "Seriously? You don't get it? What do you think of our Master?"

"He is a benevolent savior. I respect him very much."

His tone is like speaking about a deity. Not a fierce general feared by enemies.