15. Old Man

Shane is walking home from work. He goes through a local park as shortcut. It's his usual route home.

It's almost sunset. He finishes his job early today to keep Chad company.

Chad still has nightmares thanks to that junky, Len.

An old man is looking around when Shane is passing by. He looks deeply troubled.

Shane stops and asks, "Something is wrong?"

"Lost my wallet..."

"Let me help you."

Shane searches between the bushes and flower patches in the park. He found it lying near a bush. He picks it up.

The wallet is very thick and has a lot of money. It must be around few thousand yuans in it. The old man is very rich folk.

Shane returns the wallet to the old man. The elder looks like he's in brink of tears. He offers few hundred yuan bills to him.

Shane pushes his hand away gently.

He says, "Sir, I don't need anything. It's my pleasure to help."

"Please. You retrieved my wallet. Have to repay you."

Shane looks around. He notices a nearby food truck. He points to it.

He asks, "Why don't you buy me dinner? My boyfriend loves their foods."

"Okay."

Twenty yuans got paid to the seller.

The old man looks doubtfully to the cheap foods.

He comments, "I could give you more money. You don't need to refuse it. Life must be tough for you."

"You already paid, Sir. It's okay."

Shane bows politely before he leaves the spot. He is rushing home so the foods won't get cold.

The old man takes out his wallet and counts the money. Few men in black suits come out from a nearby car. They stand around him, guarding one of the richest men in the country.

He smiles. He had arranged his money in different bills from 10 yuans to 100 yuans.

A greedy fellow might take few bills, thinking he won't get caught. Hardly anyone remembers his money properly if he got too many different bills.

"Not a single bill taken. The guy is an honest fellow. He is polite too. My grandson chooses the right man."

Chad's grandpa leaves the park.

The Alpha has passed his personal test.

His grandpa is going to scold his son for blocking his grandson's love.

How many successors from rich families wasted family fortune?

Too many to remember. It's better to find qualities in his traits than his family backgrounds.

Honest and polite to older folks.

He remembered to bring foods home for Chad.

The old man might be old. He isn't senile yet. He still could see good seedling when he sees one.

He argues with his son through phone. Stubborn mule refuses to accept his future son in law. He accused his father for pampering Chad too much.

The old man ends the call in his rage. There is no other way. His donkey son won't acknowledge Shane unless he is rich.

*****

"Open your mouth," orders Shane.

Chad opens his mouth and munches his meal when Shane feeds him.