3. Old Woman

Ling Wen and his son are running around their dilapidated home. Time to increase stamina. A ger's body is too weak, unable to do hard work.

"Daddy, I'm hungry..."

"We still got bread fruit left."

Xiao Bao looks disappointed. He wants to eat something delicious like grilled fish. He used to half starved everyday.

After his Daddy recovered, he begins to have greed. Wanting to eat better foods.

Ling Wen smirks. Knowing his little bun is reluctant to eat the fruit.

He asks, "Why don't we eat the fruit first? We could go and dig some wild sweet potatoes back from the mountain."

"Okay."

Last time they gathered up dry leaves and baked sweet potatoes. Tasted better than breadfruit.

They are walking in leisure. Picking up wild fruits and veggies in the forest.

Suddenly a boar rushes toward them. Ling Wen pushes the little bun away. The tusk injures his hand a little. He stabs it with a knife.

He has been carrying a knife for protection since he nearly got raped.

The wounded animal goes berserk and tries to ram him with its tusks.

Ling Wen evades it and stabs it again.

The boar rams into a tree and gets up quickly. It still aims to Ling Wen.

"Son, run!"

"I can't leave you!"

"Climb up a tree!"

The boar nearly rams him when a man leaps out from behind trees. One slash and the vicious boar is slain.

The man sheaths his sword after wiping the blood away using his handkerchief. He just tosses it away.

Ling Wen stands haggardly.

He cups his hands and says, "Thank you for your help, warrior."

"Your hand."

The guy tears his own sleeve and wraps it to stop the bleeding.

Swordlike brows. Phoenix eye. Straight nose with high bridge. In modern world, this fellow could be a popular model. His simple cotton clothes couldn't disgrace his noble temperament.

The only flaw is he wears an eyepatch on his right eye.

Ling Wen looks down. He feels he has done something impolite for staring his savior too long.

"Thank you," says him.

The guy nods his head.

He is leaving when Ling Wen asks, "Aren't you going to take the dead boar away? You killed it."

"You take it."

"But you're the one who killed it."

"Okay."

The handsome stranger lifts the boar easily as if it weights nothing.

Peach blossom eyes. Delicate looking body. Fair smooth skin. This Ger is the cutest one he has ever seen. His doe eyes kept staring him, making him unable to say anything.

The stranger leaves with reddened ears.

The little bun complaints, "Why do you let him take the boar? We could have eaten it."

"He is a hunter. He came here for the game."

"At least ask for few slices..."

A kiss to his little glutton's head.