18.Romantic Date

Sightseeing is always in his wishlist every year. Never made it. The reason is simple: Lack of money and time.

Working in sales department means a lot of business trips. Tired body, exhausted mind and little salary. Barely enough to cover daily expenses.

Ling Wen breaths salty air. It has been ages since he could play in a beach like this. Soaking his bare feet in the sea water. Leaving footprints on the white sandy beach with his son.

It's silly. The waves would wash away their footprints. It still feels memorable.

Ling Wen is shocked when the general walks barefoot too next to them. Leaving footprints together.

Da Niu, Er Kang and San Lu are waiting not far from them.

Da Niu asks, "Do you feel like watching a family?"

"Too many dog food. I'm stuffed. Ugh!" complaints San Lu.

Er Kang comments, "Our general looks so happy. Hard to believe he is the tiger general."

"What tiger? In front of Wen, he is just a docile big orange cat," comments San Lu.

Da Niu and Er Kang retreat immediately.

San Lu is feeling goosebumps. He turns his head.

A hard slap to his shoulder. Yu Fei is glaring at him. San Lu gulps. He feels his lifespan will be a short one, thanks to his big mouth.

"You are too idle. Let's give you a lot of big assignments when we got back to the barrack."

San Lu is doomed. His pals are staring him as if looking at a dead man.

Ling Wen wants to visit marketplace so the others just tag along. He is busy buying spices unavailable in the capital city. Most of the spices here came from foreigner boats. They are in little amount. Just enough for the locals to use.

His eyes are too bright.

Yu Fei laments in his heart. The way Ling Wen stares the ingredients like long lost lover.

Getting jealous to spices are insane. He really wants to crush the baskets of spices now. Trampling them down like a spoiled brat. Too bad he is the infamous tiger general. Not a hooligan.

A soldier greets Yu Fei, "Good morning, Sir. General Zhao Yin wishes to meet you in Tranquility, a famous tea house in the edge of town."

Yu Fei glances at Ling Wen. The ger's face flushes a little. He has past connections with the handsome general Zhao Yun.

They definitely couldn't meet.

Yu Fei orders, "Da Niu and the others, take Wen and his son back to the Inn."

"Yes, general."

"Show me the way, " says Yu Fei to the soldier.

After Yu Fei leaves, the others are going back to the Inn.

Ling Wen still doesn't have enough time browsing so he would stretch his neck to left and right to nearby stalls. Looking for ingredients.

Da Niu laughs.

He teases, "Let Master take you out later. The night market is very impressive. That's what a waiter told me."

"Really? But... Master is a busy man... I shouldn't..."

San Lu rolls his eyes. This ger is too gentle and kind hearted. Unlike scheming gers he has met in his life.

He mocks, "Master would take down the moon if you asked it."