15. First Date

The shadow guard offers his hand to Wen. He is disappointed when Wen refuses to hold his hand. Or maybe he should rejoice. Wen doesn't like to hold hands with a stranger.

Yu Fei wears a shadow guard clothes this morning. He looks deadly in the dark robe. His black simple mask covers his eyepatch.

Wen glances at him. This shadow guard is taller than the last one who protected him from the maid. He doesn't know this person is Yu Fei in disguise.

First date +1.

That's what in Yu Fei's mind.

Wen always takes his son whenever he goes.

Yu Fei glances through few stalls when they pass them. Hoping to find a suitable gift for Ling Wen.

They said you must give a present for ger after first date.

He has spent many days reading a book called "how to woe a ger". It should be accurate because the writer is also a ger.

Wen walks toward the restaurant. Luckily the manager is available today.

The manager greets, "Welcome, guest."

He has been waiting for him after the waiter told him yesterday.

Ling Wen asks, "Our Lord ask you to relocate this restaurant to northwest of capital. Near the river."

"Sir, there is no empty space there. The rent is super expensive..."

The old manager looks humble and friendly. A good trait for someone in food business.

Wen explains, "Master has a bakery store there. It has been suffering losses for many years. He decided to move the restaurant to that location."

"Oh! That would be great!"

"What else should we do before relocating?"

The manager hesitates before explaining, "Sir, the tables and chairs are too old."

"I will handle the decor and furniture. You should try to improve the recipes."

The manager looks shocked.

Wen explains, "Customers desire novelty foods when eating out. Your foods are excellent but too ordinary."

"Our chef is very talented."

"I know. If the new restaurant is going well, everyone shall get a raise."

The manager and the waiter are almost at brink of tears. They have been fearing for bankruptcy.

Wen says, "A restaurant should launch two new dishes every three months. Tell the chef to prepare well."

"Yes, Sir."

After saying farewell, Ling Wen leaves the restaurant. The three of them go to the bakery store. As usual there is no customer.

The same waiter looks at them with disdain.

Wen rolls his eyes. This waiter must think he is a young master from a rich family with such big attitudes.

He asks, "Where is your manager?"

"What're you doing calling my father? Trying to seduce him?"

No wonder. He is the manager's son.

Wen says, "Master sent me here to ask him. Why this store is suffering too many losses?"

The waiter's face turns pale for a minute. Then his face reddened out of rage.

"You lowly ger! You picked the wrong store!"