one

✧

Days often started off the exact same way in the Adam-Ramirez home, Luna's mom, Maria, was usually off working a shift in the hospital considering she was a fantastic neurosurgeon. While Luna's stepfather, Peter, had often remained at the house to see his stepdaughter off to school.

The stepfather-daughter duo had a somewhat strained relationship which was more Luna's doing than his. Her anger towards her biological father's abandonment had been often taken out on Peter which she usually regretted sometimes. But, not really.

Luna's alarm went off from her bedside table, allowing an annoyed groan to come from the teen's mouth as she lifted her hand up and immediately swatted away the phone. She pushed the covers off of her body, running toward her connected bathroom and going through her morning routine before getting dressed and practically bouncing down the steps to an extremely cheery Peter Adams.

"Luna, good morning!" Peter greeted. "Happy first day of school."

She sent him a nod, grabbing an apple from the center table. "Where's mom?"

"Hospital," he answered. "There's breakfast if you want something more than just an apple."

"I would but it's the first day of school," Luna shrugged, grabbing her keys. "Don't want to be late."

Peter's shoulders sagged at her dismissal. "Have a good day!"

♡♡♡

The ride to school was fairly short, considering she didn't live too far from Beverly High, then she glanced at her schedule checking her classes, and went to a couple of them before the bell rang for lunch. Luna usually sat with Beverly's "inner circle" which consisted of Jordan Baker, Layla Keating, Asher Adams, Olivia Baker, and JJ Parker.

However, Liv was distancing herself from that group of friends due to certain issues in the past which was hard because Luna found herself bouncing in between the both.

"Oh, if it isn't Beverly's it girl," Layla greeted with a wide smile, watching her walk their way.

"Says the student council president," Luna shot back, walking up the steps and settling in between JJ and Asher. "Hey, guys."

Asher shot her a smile, placing his chin in his hand. "Cousin."

"We're not related," she deadpanned. "Stop telling people that."

JJ glanced at the girl, pointing his finger in the air as he attempted to connect the dots. "Okay, wait, yes you are. His uncle is married to your mom. Which means you're related."

"She can keep denying it all she wants," Asher teased. "But, when that Adams family reunion happens, she'll be wearing a t-shirt."

Luna shoved the brunette roughly to the side, making his girlfriend, Layla, turn around and smack the girl on the knee playfully. As they sat around talking a bit, Jordan Baker walked their way with the new kid who looked sort of familiar to Luna.