twenty-six

✧

It had been a couple of weeks since Luna's birthday and a lot had happened in Beverly Hills and Crenshaw for that matter. But, she had no part in it, her mother had found it fitting to take her daughter away just a couple of weeks before the end of school for a girl's trip. They had gone to Palm Springs to meet up with her Aunt on her mother's side who she had rarely ever seen.

Despite Palm Spring being a somewhat nice vacation spot, Luna wasn't the biggest fan of it. Only agreeing to go for her mother's sake and her aunt's. But, once they arrived back home, her first stop was to see her best friend which resulted in her being roped into a yoga session with Spencer, Layla, and JJ.

Luna took a deep breath, placing her palms down onto her yoga mat, eyeing the goat that had climbed onto Spencer's back. She shook her head softly wondering how the hell a stop to see her best friend had resulted in goat yoga.

"What's with the goats?" Luna finally asked.

"First of all, I think I speak for all of us when I say, two weeks away is way too long for you to be gone," Layla sighed. "And for the goats, they help your heart by being cute."

Liv glared at JJ. "And the goats weren't my idea."

"I thought 'GOAT' stood for greatest of all time," JJ opened his mouth, trying to defend himself.

"Sometimes," Spencer sighed, fed up. "It's just goat, man."

"I'm sorry, okay?" the blonde apologized. "This week sucks. Goats are peeing everywhere, coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the jamboree party fell through."

Luna puffed out her cheeks, falling flat onto her stomach. "What the hell did I miss while I was gone?"

"Wait," Layla glanced at him. "What happened to the venue?"

"Someone forgot to send the deposit on time," JJ said, looking incredibly guilty. "It's not important who. I even had the perfect theme...Pajama jammy jamboree!"

"If you need a venue that bad, JJ," Luna propped her chin in her hand. "My house is free. I'm sure I can convince my parents to leave for the night."

"Why don't I host?" Layla offered. "Doesn't Peter have a precious car collection? I'm sure he wouldn't like a bunch of drunk football players running around."

"Good point," she pointed her finger. "Your house it is."

"Maybe that's not the best idea," Liv uneasily stared at her.

"Yeah, it ain't just for Beverly," Spencer informed. "It's for all the teams in the jamboree."

"Well, it's a good thing my house is big," Layla quipped. "Parties weren't my problem, it was the party crasher in my head, and she's been quiet lately. It'll be fine, I promise."