ten

✧

Luna strutted down the hallway in search of at least one familiar face as she gripped the strap of her backpack in her hand and the other hand carried a drink from the cafe. She was on the verge of giving up before deep rumbles of laughter had caught her attention and spotted Jordan, JJ, and Spencer crowded around a locker.

The black-haired girl had skipped over excitedly, clamping a hand down on Jordan's shoulder and making him jump in place.

"Hey, you scared me...woah," Jordan's eyes roamed her figure. "Nice skirt."

She glanced down at her skirt, flattening down the ends, while a smile tugged on the corner of her mouth. "You just like it because it's short."

He held his hands up feigning a guilty expression. "You caught me."

"So, what are we doing?" she switched the topic, peeking over JJ's shoulder and glancing at the phone, heavily avoiding the curious set of eyes on them. "Oh, is this Spencer's catch from the Combine? Peter would not shut up about this."

"Nice catch at the combine, Spencer," a girl said as she passed by the group, giving him a flirtatious grin. "Impressive hands."

An amused expression washed over Jordan's face. "Layla better watch out."

"Layla ain't got nothing to worry about, alright?" Spencer chuckled.

"Anyone else confused as to why Asher moved into his ex-girlfriend's house instead of his cousin's?" JJ threw his hands up. "I know I am."

Luna leaned against Jordan's side, allowing for him to wrap his arm around her. "I said the same thing. I even went over to convince him to come home with me. But, Asher doesn't want my stepdad finding out what happened."

"And you're really okay with this, Spence?" JJ asked.

"I didn't have a choice, alright?" Spencer shrugged. "As long as he sticks to his room, and out of our way, we straight."

"Now...this is a man," she jabbed her thumb at Spencer. "Take notes, boys."

"Hey, I'm a man," Jordan scoffed, looking to the side and eyeing Layla and Asher. "Spence just, uh, make sure you watch your back with him, alright?"

Jordan tugged Luna in the opposite direction of Layla and Asher, making her utterly confused at their sudden need to leave. Jordan's anger made sense considering what happened between Asher and Liv but it took a lot to piss off JJ.

"What did Asher do to piss you guys off so bad?"

"You know that stupid boy whose face you were practically devouring after the game?" JJ sighed.

"I've kissed a lot of people," she shrugged. "Let's be a bit more specific."

"Asher gave your stupid boy-toy our playbook," Jordan stepped in, rolling his eyes. "That's why they kept outsmarting us in the first half."