forty-six

a/n: This is the second to last chapter before the end of book one. But, until then, here is one of my favorite chapters I've written so far. Enjoy💘

 Enjoy💘

Since the sudden announcement of Peter and Maria getting remarried for their wedding anniversary. Things at the Adams-Ramirez house have been extremely hectic, to say the least. If it wasn't floral arrangements they were talking about, then it was talk about the wedding venue, and if it wasn't that then it was talk about dresses and tuxedos.

"No, no, no. It's not right," Maria shook her head. "The dress is too long."

Luna rolled her eyes for what felt like the millionth time as she stood on a pedestal in the living room and tried on her maid of honor dress. The seamstress shook her head and continued working on the end of the dress, adjusting the length.

"Mami, it looks fine," she complained. "This is the like, twentieth fitting we've had."

"I don't care," Maria scoffed. "We'll be here all day if we have to."

Peter overheard the tone in his wife's voice, stepping into the living room to cool the situation down because he knew at any moment, those two were bound to argue. Again. "Okay! Wow, Luna, the dress looks perfect!"

She placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. "So, tell your bridezilla. Not me."

"Why don't we take a break?" Peter suggested. "Jordan's in the kitchen and I will talk to mom."

Luna stepped foot off of the pedestal and bunched up the bottom of her dress, ignoring the mumbles from her mom who was complaining yet again about the length. She entered the kitchen and found Jordan rummaging through the fridge.

He took a bite out of an apple. "How's wedding prep?"

"One of us isn't gonna make it to the wedding," she snorted.

Jordan let out a laugh, greedily chewing on the apple before tossing the core into the trash. Luna outstretched her hand and suggested they go into her art room so he could look at the painting she was working on.

Right as her hand touched the doorknob, she immediately heard her mom's loud voice. "Take that beautiful dress off before you step foot into that messy ass room!"

"I'm gonna strangle her," she repeated to herself, walking into the living room to retrieve her clothes. "I'm gonna strangle her."

She changed out of the dress and hung it up in one of the guest rooms downstairs before heading into her art room and finding her boyfriend standing in front of the canvas and giving her a soft smile once she entered the room.

"It doesn't even surprise me how talented you are anymore," he chuckled. "This is their wedding gift?"

She nodded in confirmation, picking up the polaroid she found of her parents from their college days. Before explaining how they met back in the day.